the Big News & 60 Min. or 20/20 or Dateline ?

by carla 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• carla
    carla

What if we did a letter writing campaign to one of the big news shows about the 'big news' and asked them to check into this? I think it would require large amounts of mail to get noticed. Any thoughts on this?

Danny H, what do you think?

• FSMonster
    FSMonster

They might proceed it to their legal dep/advisors and I doubt it'll go any further. If we go over to N.Y and chain ourselves to a fence in front of the WT HQ that'll get some coverage on a slow news day.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi FS Monster,

Welcome to the forum!

• Bryan
    Bryan

I don't think it would do much good. What they work with are "Pitches" and they want them from Professionals.

I think it may work with Dr.Phil and the like. Both Dr. Phil and Oprah get stories from their websites.

Go to these website and take a look at upcoming shows. You can send them your info and a note about your story.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/intheworks/tows_works_main.jhtml

http://www.montelshow.com/misc/show_ideas/

Dr. Phil's site seem to be busy or down. I'll post his info soon.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

That is not big news because it is not necessary and not relevant.

The Watchtower Society has nothing to do with people's acceptance
    or rejection of blood.

The Bible says to abstain from blood.

Jehovah's Witnesses obey the Bible.

But then I am not sure what this controversy is all about.

What is the negative side about refusing blood?

• cheezy
    cheezy

Eh?

• cheezy
    cheezy

Well, Grissom, in a life or death situation, the negative side would be..............uh.............death

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    That is not big news because it is not necessary and not relevant.

Lie number one.

The Watchtower Society has nothing to do with people's acceptance

or rejection of blood.

Lie number two. JWs accept blood products and reject others based on what the Watchtower says is acceptable.

The Bible says to abstain from blood.

Lie number three. The writer of Acts said to abstain from blood because it would stumble the Jews.

Act 15:20 but that we write unto them, that they abstain from the pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from what is strangled, and from blood.

Act 15:21 For Moses from generations of old hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath.

Jehovah's Witnesses obey the Bible.

Lie number four. Jehovah's Witnesses put the words of the Watchtower over the Bible.

But then I am not sure what this controversy is all about.

That's because you're not informed. Understandable if you're a Jehovah's Witness.

• Ticker
    Ticker

You know every time I see the cover of that awake with the children who have died over the blood issue, it really makes me hope that people will wake up and use their own reasoning instead of losing their child over a misdirected, erroronous teaching. Still though I don't see any immediate action. It has to be accepted and utilized by the courts, untill it is this is just another article exposing the JW's as a high control pressure religion.

Ticker

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Excellent response, MegaDude. Someone must still be undergoing brainwashing, er, I mean, receiving spiritual food from the GB.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit