THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• acsot
    acsot

Who still has the Blood booklet in their possession? I strongly suggest you keep it !

As well, this is news that will take on more and more importance as time goes on. Do you know someone who has suffered from refusing blood? Do you know non-JWs who are pissed as hell because a relative refused blood? or their children were coerced into refusing blood?

How about Bethany Hughes' father? I hope he's reading this!

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Well i must say, now i understand why it was said that we need to think and ponder over this BIG NEWS a while before we get over-excited.

The first time i read it, i didnt understand a word... The second and third times it began to think. Theres so many ways that this can be used, it covers not just the "Blood Doctrine", but a whole lot of issues regarding cults and their hold over adherants.

Still digesting it all, and wondering how it can be put to good use here in the UK and France and worldwide.

dorayakii of the "happy, but still stlightly confused" class

• freydi
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon

dorayakii

I am trying to find out whether the same principle (freedom of religion does not protect from misrepresentation of secular fact) applies in English Law. I think, however, if one was suing the WTBTS of whathaveyou it would be in an American Court.

Again people, this isn't something that will change the world overnight, but could easily be a financial disaster that will change the Dubbies secular arm and destroy its wealth over the span of a few years.

For me, that's enough.

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

They'll survive this too. No current JW will leave or even sue over this. Maybe a few families outside of the JW's will bring up a lawsuit, but I bet not a lot.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

This news has the potential to cause the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to file for bankruptcy in years to come.

A tumble at the corporate level will trickle down to the local level.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Let me go ahead and state, this will lead to legal action. Whether such action will be successful or not is yet to be established, but the grounds seem very sollid in that they reach back to address a state prior to adoption of doctrine and work forward from that point. This method has already been successfully applied in court.

It hasn't been successfully applied to the acceptance of doctrine regarding blood transfusions, but hopefully that will soon change. Note, THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE BLOOD DOCTRINE, it is about how people are convinced to ACCEPT the doctrine. This has never been attempted before in courts: a claim that misrepresentation of secular fact was employed to garner acceptance of the doctrine, therefore making the organization liable for Tort of Misrepresentation and potentially criminal negligence resulting in death down the road.

We have always focused on the doctrine AFTER acceptance, now we are going after the misrepresentations of secular that create an increased likelihood of acceptance of the doctrine. It may take some time to wrap the brain around, but this is not an ttack on religious dogma—which means it just may work.

I respectfully disagree, Legolas. This is the best opportunity we've ever had to truly injur the beast.

AuldSoul

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I've just updated Wikipedia's articles on 'JW's' and 'JW's and medicine'

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Where is Shunned Father? This could help his case.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Maryjane,

I know where you are coming from, but most Witnesses don't thoroughly investigate the blood doctrine until AFTER they have lost or nearly lost a loved one.

Every year some leave due to loss of loved ones because of the blood doctrine. Once out, they are informed by attorneys WHO WOULD DEARLY LOVE to sue on their behalf that there is no potential for suit because they willingly complied. The Witness is frustrated because they accepted based on belief that the organization representing God told them the truth. Now that they KNOW it was a lie, they are powerless to get any justice.

THAT is what this changes. In such cases an attorney can now present a fairly compelling argument for the case to be heard on the Tort of Misinterpretation. Much of the theroetical argumentation has been prepared for the attorney by the mysterious woman who wrote the essay. It is HUGE news. There will be multiple suits every year. Some will succeed every year.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit