THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Legolas
    Legolas

Thank you Seeker4!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    So what I want to say is that when this big news comes out we should bear in mind that Jehovah is the one who will carry out vengeance on the WTs miss deads and not us .

Mr. Anderson, welcome to the board!

I am a believer, but I have never seen Jehovah carry out vengeance on anyone, or set anything straight. Jehovah didn't make THE BIG NEWS, or put it together or document it. Jehovah didn't make this thread to let us know it is comming. I think if Jehovah was going to take care of some bad things and human suffering in this world, his time would be better spent in many places around the world.

It takes people to stand against evil. If good people do nothing....., well, you know the rest. From what I can see, the place where Jehovah does his work is in our hearts, motivating us to do the right thing. It is up to us to take the actions, though.

However as someone said before if this news destroys the WT and the faith of millians what will this really achieve ? Well of course many want their relatives back and I understand that but this may also destroy peoples faith in God altogether . That would be a shame .

Do you think Jehovah wants our reatives to keep believing hundreds of LIES and continue shunning us and misleading others in the door to door work, rather than go through the pain of loosing their religion?

If we get the relatives and friends back as a result of this they will need help in a big way in order to rebuild their lives . They are not going to skip and jump with joy as a result of this .

This is a very good point. It is important to remember that if this really does lead to people leaving the JWs, there is going to be people in pain and confusion. We are actually wishing for many people to go through a very traumatic process. Thanks for reminding us of that.

-Lisabobeesa

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Would you rather die believing a lie all your life than knowing the truth?

Frankly Nos, I believe many would.

Gumby

I agree. They've invested so much into the lie, that living Truth would just be too much to bear. I feel that my parents are some of those people. I'd like nothing more in this world than to see my parents and younger brothers escape. But I fear that will never happen. My parents although intelligent and having shared in more than one instance of the WT's conditional love, don't have the emotional stamina it will take to escape successfully. Perhaps my faith is small, but I don't have a lot of hope for them.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

..checking out the posts from last night and patiently waiting...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I think I have it. Barbara I'm sending you a PM of what I almost posted here, but the more I read the thread the more I think I should not post it.

Oh Barbara! This is GOOOD! But if I am right, she is dead serious when she says it won't be in the news itself but how we use the news. If I'm right the news will be a non-starter, which is great for the bOrg not catching on but which will also mean we need to be prepared to listen patiently while the news is explained. Especially, we need to patiently listen to how the news should be communicated so that it will create a stir.

If I'm right, this news will be barely a ripple without us. With us, it could cause a massive surge in our credibility with all kinds of authority figures. If I'm right, we are about to get a tool the likes of which people in the U.S. have dreamt of for centuries.

I hope. I hope. I hope. If wishes will make this come true, Joe and my wife are just going to have to bear the indignity of watching me kiss Barbara when I meet her in person! I hope I am not going to be disappointed. I certainly hope everyone else will not be disappointed if what I hope it is turns out to be correct.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Legolas
    Legolas

LMAO @ Auldsoul!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

LMAO @ Nosferatu!!!

:P

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

just checking to see if anything new has happened...i've had butterflies in my stomach ever since i started reading this thread yesterday. even matt (mr. cynical) is itching to know what's going on....i keep thinking about my family and wondering if this news is the answer to my prayers....

**sigh** back to work i go

luv, jojo edited to add: welcome to all the newbies!

• wombat
    wombat

If I'm right, we are about to get a tool the likes of which people in the U.S. have dreamt of for centuries.

Not already available thru the Constitution ?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

*** However as someone said before if this news destroys the WT and the faith of millians what will this really achieve ? Well of course many want their relatives back and I understand that but this may also destroy peoples faith in God altogether .

To a degree, discovering that one's faith and trust in anything or & anyone is shattering, no matter what the age. I was heartbroken and devastated that I no longer had "all the answers" that I thought the WTS had supplied me with....and starting back at square one was difficult. I was 58 at the time, had been through surgeries and serious health problems---so at the time I was weakened both physically AND spiritually.

And yet---you can see that my indignance and anger at the source of my spiritual disappointment---the evil and lying Watchtower cult---has helped me see that there are so many others who need to be "enlightened" as to this controlling and manipulating pretend religion, and this has helped ME to pick up the pieces and go on.

***You mentioned leaving it in the hands of "Jehovah" to take vengeance on the WT. Have you thought that perhaps Jehovah is working through the humans who are exposing the lies?

Nos brings out an interesting point---one that I hadn't considered actually! He may be right---who can say?

***Would you rather die believing a lie all your life than knowing the truth? I suppose it wouldn't make a difference in the long run. However, this "Big News" would have the potential to prevent others from dying, such as children who need blood transfusions.

Again, good points, Nos. The real factor would be KNOWING "the truth about the trooth" and coming to grips with it, rather than living under a delusional and harmful belief system created by selfish men.

Hello and welcome to ALL the Newbies we have here, we can see just in this small corner of the former JW world---how much support is here, and that you are eager to see the WTS get it's just desserts!

I hate to say this---but I really hope this news is not in book form, for the same reasons as have been mentioned. For the most part, nobody but ones like us will even read it. (and we already know what the WTS is!) Lots of these types of books cost more money that the average person is willing to spend, which is another thing to consider. My heart sunk when I realized this would be a possibility.

Regardless if this is the case or not, we need to buckle down and commit our hearts, minds and capabilities to doing whatever we can to bring this horrid corporation to it's knees. They have had their "time" and it is "our" time to make a combined effort to descend upon their hateful false religion and their totally false promises.

We have counted our "time" FOR the WTS-----now let's make "our time count" in exposing it!

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit