THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Not sure if it's because of this thread, but I couldn't get onto this site for several hours, server was too busy!

I was thinking that, with over 9000 viewings, this one post has already reached more people than a typical district convention!

Way to go - and some excellent - not to mention funny - speculation here. A few of them were really close to the truth on this, which was rather amazing.

S4

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I think I might have an idea, but I don't want to jinx it even though I think its already been hinted at. But only a couple of things could evoke more emotion and reaction than money and the misuse of it. I have my hopes on one of them.

As a general comment though, what most people cannot tolerate, is hypocrisy. Most JWs even if misguided can't stand it, and people who are not can't stand it either.

Axelspeed

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Oops! This already got posted above, so I'll delete the repeated comments.

But while I'm editing this, I will add, Mulan, that your niece's observation is dead-on. No Watchtower scandal will have any kind of major impact on society in general, and will never make the front page of Time or Newsweek. The Witnesses have just never made much of an impact on society in the past, and even less so now.

For example, in 125 years, the Witnesses have grown to 6.5 million members worldwide. In the same amount of time, the Evangelicals (admittedly through several different-named, though cooperating, denominations) claim 500 million members worldwide. THEY make the cover of Time - JWs get an occasional mention in the back pages.

So, while this will have some impact on the culture in general, it won't be much because most people could care less about the Witnesses, and that is not going to change. Where this will impact is on the WTS itself, and on the thinking members and damaged Jehovah's Witnesses.

S4

• hubert
    hubert
    p.s. misappropriation of funds isn't it...

Thanks for the let down, Jourles.

Hubert

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I havent been able to get onto JWD all afternoon. I havent had time to trawl through 13 pages, but it seems to me that Jourles and Seeker4 know the news.

PLEASE PLEASE let there be some substance to this. I really want some TRUTH to emerge about 'da troof'. Tell us this is genuine and BIG.

KK - trying not to get my hopes up.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Barb said earlier:

Oh, and don't worry about WT figuring out what is going on because I want them to worry about what is going on!

I'm bursting here.

must........not.........post...........the.............news

Hubert - no prob buddy!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Dang I'm gone for a few days and.... Aw well, cool.

Take that you bad ol' watchtower.

We gotta keep poking them. Never stop stinging them. Be just like a swarm of locusts with lion heads and scorpion tales.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    must........not.........post...........the.............news

I know.

But I'm in soooooooo much suspense even more now that you know!!!!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hehehe I'm sitting here reading all the anticipation. So many want to open their presents NOW. I can just see all of you who are on the Secret Santa gift list. Your gift will arrive and itchy fingers will want to rip them open. Do I patiently wait til the day or do I open NOW!!!

By the way. On my homepage I keep reading about Jack-o getting really strapped for funds. Gotta wonder whether he and the Williams sisters are going to sue the WTS to get their money back

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

So Jourles - you really know this news?

Without saying what it is, can you confirm it is significant? Its worth getting excited over? When is it likely to break?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit