Fourth and Final Chemo Treatment Coming Up

by simplesally 29 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Well, its coming up on Monday, my last chemo treatment!! I cannot believe I have had 3 treatments already. After the chemo, I will be treated with Herceptin and Taxol for 12 weeks, weekly infusions. So, it will be a tough 3 months. After that, treatment is back to every 3 weeks for a year ... Herceptin only infusions. My head is bald but I have wigs. Pretty soon it should start growing back. It's weird wearing a hat in the house, but my head gets too cold. I also have some scarves when it's not too cold. My reconstruction is going good, this month I only have 2 more minor surgeries to put in more water in the expander. March will be when they put in the final implant, for now I've had a temporary that had to be filled up gradually with water .....stretching my skin since August.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm so glad the end of your treatment is within sight! Sounds as though you're handling it with practicality and a positive attitude, which is half the battle.

Hugs,

Nina

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hugs simplesally - hope you start feeling better soon

• Jez
    Jez

Thinking of you.....sounds like you are staying strong. Hugs from Jez

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((((simplesally)))))

• evita
    evita

Simple Sally
    I will be thinking of you and hope all goes well in the coming months.
    Hugs
    Eva

• Robdar
    Robdar

That is good news. I hope all will be well soon.

Robyn

• Es
    Es

all the best hun, big hugs,thinking of ya

es

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are. Thank you so much for explaining your progress and what you still face. You're a beautiful woman and soul. You give us all courage and strength by sharing with us yours.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I was just thinking of you yesterday...wondering how you were doing.

Thanks for keeping us posted, and as always, I wish you the best outcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit