What is on your 'current' reading list?

by AK - Jeff 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Eyeslice:
    I love Barclay, but Didier put me onto Karl Barth. Definitely worth a read

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Hmmm... well I know its not intellectual, but I'm reading the Chronicals of Narnia so that I can have a clue when I go see the movie. Actually its right up my alley and I don't know how I got to age 49 without ever reading it.

Sherry

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Atlas Shrugged on the bedside.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader on the loo--

The Great Divorce on my desk...

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I just started A Million Little Pieces by James Frey.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis (The same reason as Gretchen. Also I remember reading a little at school, loving the idea of walking through a wardrobe into another world, but feeling guilty about there being a witch in the story LOL).

The Twilight of Atheism - A. McGrath (Provocative title - piqued my curiosity.)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I have two on the go:

1. Getting unstuck by Dr. Joy Browne

2. Lord of the Flies by Willian Golding (Read this book in High school but wanted to read it again because I think there are quite a few similarities between the book the the serie LOST)

wanna

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL, do you really want to know? Okay, but you have been warned....

The Book of Daniel: Composition and Reception (2 vol.), ed. by Collins & Flint. (2001). (Fascinating book!)

Darius the Mede and the Four World Empires in the Book of Daniel, by H. H. Rowley. (1959).

The OG and Th Versions of Daniel, by Tim McLay. (1996).

Aramaic Daniel and Greek Daniel, by Tim Meadowcroft. (1995).

The Jewish Apocalyptic Heritage in Early Christianity, ed by VanderKam & Adler. (1996).

Studies in Daniel, by H. Louis Ginsberg. (1948).

Fun, fun, fun reading!!!!

• caligirl
    caligirl

Jamelle - I just finished A Breath of Snow and Ashes, the latest Diana Gabaldon. Managed all 997 pages in 1 week. It was fantastic- highly recommend it!

Gentlyferral, I will have to look into the books you have mentioned.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Now reading Watership Down.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    The Book of Daniel: Composition and Reception (2 vol.), ed. by Collins & Flint. (2001). (Fascinating book!)

Darius the Mede and the Four World Empires in the Book of Daniel, by H. H. Rowley. (1959).

The OG and Th Versions of Daniel, by Tim McLay. (1996).

Aramaic Daniel and Greek Daniel, by Tim Meadowcroft. (1995).

The Jewish Apocalyptic Heritage in Early Christianity, ed by VanderKam & Adler. (1996).

Studies in Daniel, by H. Louis Ginsberg. (1948).

That's an awful lot of "Daniel" Leolaia... do you mind me asking if this is for personal reading or research into your studies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit