hi I'm new

by riverofdeceit 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

First time posting here for me. I am not disfellowshipped but I have been in the past. I was reinstated probably 4-5 years ago, and I think I've been to the Kingdom Hall once since then. I will get into that later. I am not, however, a believer (is it i before e?, guess I would know if I was one). I come here and visit other "apostate" sites for my JW news. Ummm (word whisker, damn I was good at those five minute talks), I guess I am at a loss for words at the moment. Anyhow, I enjoy reading all of the stuff that people have to say and hopefully I'll get to add to it with humor and experiences.

by the way, river of deceit is not a clever name about jw religion. It is just a song I like. It is rather fitting though, dont you think?

I just read the guidelines and apologize for the word d*mn.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi River

Welcome to the forum!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Welcome!

Tell us more!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome riverofdeceit( hmm. is it i before e. or..)
    I had to laugh about the ' word whisker". I haven't heard that for so long.Is it a dub-ism??

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

ROD, welcome!!!

"Damn" is not usually considered highly offensive unless directed toward a poster or a posters beliefs. There are even some exception to that. Most posters just try not to swear very much at all, as any swearing could reduce the number of JW lurkers who will read the site.

I appreciate your consideration and your sense of honor in apologizing. Looking forward to your posts.

AuldSoul

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome Mr or Ms. "I" before "E" except after "C"!! Good to hear from you, look forward to hearing your story!

Sherry

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

I am 28, married (not to a JW), have a son.

I was raised as a Witness by a loving, caring mother trying to do the best for her children. For most of my life she was separated from my father (not a JW). I believe hardships and an allknowing brother (sibling, confusing I know) introduced her to "the truth" - incidentally I make fun of people who call it that out of habit without even thinking about it. Up until about 15 or 16 years old I did what I thought I was supposed to be doing mostly just to make the people I knew happy. We attended the hall in Palmer, MA. Around this time I started rebelling/experimenting (you know - bad JW stuff like listening to rock/rap music, flirting with girls, etc.). By all accounts I was a pretty ok regular person. My father passed away when I was 14 so most of my negative behaviour was linked to that (not by me but by the "counsellors" and such. My mother eventually remarried and they started going to a different hall nearby (Ware, MA). I stuck with Palmer for a while because the people I grew up with were there, my best friend, relatives and such. My friend ended up screwing me over and I started catching crap from people (elders) so I decided to switch over to the Ware hall, plus there was a hot girl there who thought I was cute, I had heard, and you know us young JW guys. Even if we are technically good, we still like checking out the girls. So things were going good there for a while though being someone who had been raised as a Jehovah's Witness I never got into the religion because I was looking for answers. I wasn't raised knowing that there were questions to be had. I met a kid there who was into the music I was into and we developed a good friendship. Eventually things progressed "downhill" and I was disfellowshipped for smoking pot. Ratted out by my own brother-in-law. Damn him. Just kidding. We're good friends still. For family reasons I tricked the elders and their holy spirit into reinstating me about three years later. My mother passed away early this year. She knew how I felt about "the truth" (her words). I didn't get into discussions about it, because taking away a hope of everlasting life in a paradise earth (not that I could have done it anyway), would be something awful to do to someone who was probably going to die because of cancer. I know I left out a lot of details but that is the basic idea. I am a born cynic, and I have a twisted sense of humor.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

WELCOME to the board - stick around -some great people here

• mouthy
    mouthy

WELCOME aboard...Sorry about your MUM & DAD.... Keep coming back we like newbies...

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

by the way...thank you everyone for the kind welcome. Is it like the brotherly love that JW's show to the new people in the hall???????? hahaha. I kid, I kid. I remember the hugs I got from people who's names I didn't know when I got reinstated. Couldn't get out fast enough. freaky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit