When is THE Dateline due to air?

by Bridgette 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Greetings all! New here. Breif Hx: I grew up in the "truth". Completely out for over two glorious years. For the most part, I keep busy getting on with and the most out of life. However, every once in a while I feel a "pull" to be with "my kind"--that is the only people on the face of this planet who can relate to the strange, weird, hellish world I came from--so I lurk about places such as this.
    Anyway--I'm VERY curious about this Dateline program that is (if I understand correctly) going to highlight the covering over of pedophilia in the congregations. BTW, does anyone remember how BADLY the "SOCIETY" dogged the Catholic Church when it was going through something similar? Extra helping of KARMA, WTBS?

The world is my country and to do good, my religion.--Thomas Paine

• peterstride
    peterstride

Welcome to the boards Bridgette!

Glad you're out of the borg! Resistance is not futile! LOL

As far as I know, the Dateline program is supposed to play soon...very soon. It's been pushed back a little from when we were told it was going to air originally. But, I'm also looking forward to it!

Take care, and once again, welcome!!!!!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Thank you Peter. I hope that it is sufficiently advertised--I do not want to miss it!

• bajarama
    bajarama

Hi bridgette,

I've heard sometime this fall. Beyond that,I would be guessing. I believe that Dateline will do more than just bloody the Watchtower nose, I think they will spend a few weeks in I.C.U.

baja

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Baj:

I understand your enthusiasm, but "puffing" to a newcomer does nothing but build expectations to a level which cannot be fulfilled, which then leads to disappointment in whatever IS accomplished, plus distrust in those who did the "puffing".

Don't forget that Dateline will give the WTS the opportunity to present their side of the issue, as well as respond to criticism. Some of their more recently revised pubs/policies will likey be emphasized. It will also be difficult for Dateline to adequately portray the undocumented "culture" that we know exists.

I would estimate that, at best, the Dateline show will give the WTS a "shiner", which fades over a couple weeks period, but is still remmebered by those who saw it.
    Just hoping everyone keeps their feet on the ground.

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Sorry - can't help you with your question - just wanted to give you a big welcome! Pull up a comfy chair and enjoy!!

• JanH
    JanH

Hi bridgette.

Welcome to the board.

I guess this question should be in the FAQ. Oh yeah, and we should have a FAQ!

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Thanks! This could get addictive, I can see.
    Anyway, if there are any avid TV watchers (I'm really not) can you keep us posted here? I want to RECORD that baby!

• bajarama
    bajarama

Madapostate,

I understand your lack of enthusiasm. I simply stated my opinion and my opinion still stands. Did I say that the Watchtower would be finished? No I didn't, I said they would spend a couple of weeks in I.C.U.

The Watchtower has pounded the religions of the world for covering child molesters. Now it's the towers turn.

I can imagine having to go out in service after the dateline show.

baja

• gladiamout
    gladiamout

The org is so slick they will brainwash all that have any faith in them at all. So don't expect much they have a way of explaining all their sins away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit