does anyone realy know how many 144,000 are realy left?

by lied too 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• sandy
    sandy

Some of those GB members look a little creepy to me. LOL

I always wondered how we can pick and choose what is literal and what is symbolic in the book of Revalation.

Why is 144,000 a literal number and hell fire is symbolic?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, because the 144,000 doesnt exist.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I thought they published the numbers in the Year Book?

Seeing as how I have no way to see the year book anymore im not much help.

• DIM
    DIM

ummmmm....who cares? there isn't really a true 144,000 anyway!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Perhaps if I'm invited to the memorial in 06, and decide to go (highly unlikely), I'll partake just to fu^k with em. That would be a lot of fun.

• Ticker
    Ticker
    Perhaps if I'm invited to the memorial in 06, and decide to go (highly unlikely), I'll partake just to fu^k with em. That would be a lot of fun.

You can try and it would be interesting to see the expressions on everyones face, but highly unlikely that they would record or take it serious especially if one is not a regular attender. Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker

It was interesting to view the photos of the existing governing body members. Sure not many of the original members left, almost a whole new face on the body. This shows embarressingly the faultiness of setting time dates and giving a meaning to the scriptures concerning 1935 that is simply not their.

Ticker

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I wonder how many more thousands of partakers there would be if every partaker was counted. How does an elder body presume to judge whether someone is or is not anointed?

By 1935 the calling had ended. Those people are 70 now. From that point forward only replacements for unworthies would be added.

But it is all based on a current judgment that the hundreds of thousands who partook in the first four centuries partook unworthily, for the most part.

Basis for the judgment? Well, since there are only 144,000 total and 53,000 are with us (in 1935), the majority must have partaken unworthily.

Yeah. Makes perfect sense.

AuldSoul

• Carmel
    Carmel

12,000 to the third power! Metaphorically speaking! They are all accounted for!

carmel

• free2beme
    free2beme

Since it is nothing more then a misunderstood part of Christian myth, I would say none. If I were answering as a person who is saying, "This is how many Witnesses think they are ... " Then I would say, "from what I have read and seen, the number seems higher then it was when I was a child and I think this is caused by less importance put on the date 1914 and the whole generations things."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit