W.T January 1, 2006

by Diogenes 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Diogenes
    Diogenes

Just reading through the January 1st W.T 2006

The first study article (starting on page 20) "How Firm Is Your Trust In God?" has another dig at higher education.

Paragraph 7

"Anyone who does not trust firmly in Jehovah might think differently.The majority of humans view material wealth as a major key to security.Hence, parents have encouraged their offspring to invest much of their young adulthood in higher education, hoping that it will prepare them for well-paying careers.Sadly some Christian families have found the cost of such an investment to be very high, as their children have lost spiritual focus and turned to pursuing materialistic goals"

So is this the start of an extensive campaign by "the organisation" to attack higher education?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I have to laugh at any reference to "higher" education. In today's world a college education is practically a necessity if a person doesn't want to live in poverty. Nearly everyone I work with has a degree, and no one's getting rich. I used to work in factories as a machinist, but many manufacturing jobs have now moved to other countries. If a person wants to provide a decent standard of living for his family he needs an education.

The WTS had long encouraged people to get into the trades, but this is inconsistent with their nagging people to get into "full time service" right out of high school. Many trades, such as automotive repair, plumbing, electrician, etc. require apprenticeships before being licensed. We're talking about full time work and school for about 5 years. A person can get a degree in less time.

What the society fears most is that their members might be taught to think, to reason.

W

• minimus
    minimus

Obviously, the Society prefers "lower education".

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Yes I believe it is, but no it won't do any good, I personally know many elders who's kids are in college, and don't really care about what the WTS says about higher education, it's unfortunately the poor and ignorant JW that will heed this advice, I hope I'm wrong though.

This generation of parents are the ones that missed out on a higher education for the crap that the WTS said back then, so they know the results of listening to that nonsense, the ones that went to college anyway, know that the WTS is exagerating about the dangers, hell, there are dangers at work too, and what? are we supposed to stay home? or just work with JW's only? I think not!

so for all you GB or Bethel spies, you can talk all you want about this and it won't make a damn bit of difference!

IC

• TopHat
    TopHat

Become a Bethelite and your higher education will be paid for with the funds coming from the R&F donations of the uneducated who will have no choice for a future but to live in a tent and barely scrap by for a living.

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/news/05/10/gs_women.html

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Just reading through the January 1st W.T 2006

Is the worldwide report in that issue?

• Diogenes
    Diogenes

No there is no worldwide report in it...

I think they do it later now?

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Anyone who does not trust firmly in Jehovah might think differently.

Isn't this wording some sort of fallacy or something. Like when they say, "Thinking people agree that .... blah blah blah".

-ithinkisee

• blondie
    blondie

“The flogging with continue until morale improves.”

• undercover
    undercover
    No there is no worldwide report in it...

I think they do it later now?

I think they moved it to the February issue. Takes a month longer to doctor the figures the way they want these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit