Bible Believers 'Only'

by Golf 39 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Almost all of the troubles experienced by people in this forum have been caused by "BIBLE BELIEVERS"

Most of the quotes that inspire you are simply common sense. Every culture has "wise sayings".

Here are a few quotes I would have liked to have seen in a book by the creator of all things.

"Boil the water."

"The earth is not a flat circle but a spherical ball"

"You think with that soft stuff inside your skull - yes you have a BRAIN"

"I Jehovah am going to set the example and quit having tantrums."

"Wombs are not just soil - fertile or infertile"

"Semen does not have little people. They are half - people. The other half is already in the woman"

"Man is Woman without a Womb"

"Listen to the women and obey them just like you listen and obey the male leaders"

"Circumcision? What is circumcision. I never told you to do something so stupid."

"Women can divorce their husbands"

"People who have convulsions are not demon possessed"

etc. etc.

• Golf
    Golf

proplog, I'm glad you said, 'almost.'

Just last week a news item about a hockey coach who won a Stanley Cup revealed he is illiterate, can't read or write, he coached the Montreal Canadians (Jacques Demers)

If more people use common sense in their daily lives it would minimize lots of problems.

If people followed the advice of not going 'beyond' the scriptures it would reduce unnecessary problems. Think for yourself.

Golf

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks, proplog2, for bolstering one believer's conviction in the unfailingly arrogant rudeness of at least one atheist.

Your "arrant prac" is pointless and crude. Actually, many troubles are caused by intellectual elitists, such as yourself. Bible believers really don't cause anyone troubles. It's those who claim to believe what they don't yet even know for themselves who cause the trouble.

That goes equally for all claims of knowledge in ignorance, whether such arises from the altar of religion or the altar of science.

AuldSoul

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

I regret now I did not make the following my favoured scriptures before affiliating with the JWs in mid 40ties; it would have protected me from falling prey to the deception perpetrated by the “faithful and discreet slave.” ----

“Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.” 1 John 4:1.

“Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.” Ps. 146:3.

“But even if we, or an angel from heaven, were to be a preacher to you of good news other than that which we have given you, let there be a curse on him. As we have said before, so say I now again, if any man is a preacher to you of any good news other than that which has been given to you, let there be a curse on him.” (BBE) Gal. 1:8, 9.

David

• avishai
    avishai
    If people followed the advice of not going 'beyond' the scriptures it would reduce unnecessary problems. Think for yourself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

That, without question, in my 3 or so yrs. on this board, is the funniest, most ironic statement I have read, period.

• Golf
    Golf

avashai, thanks, You and I need to have a round of golf. When you go 'out of bounds' you'll understand what I mean.

Golf

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

1Cor.4:6 ...learn the rule: "Do not go beyond the things that are written."

did paul also not "go beyond the things that [were] written [back then]"?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light; but if your eye is unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! (Matthew 6:22f)
    Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. (Matthew 7:1)
    O LORD, my heart is not lifted up,
    my eyes are not raised too high;
    I do not occupy myself with things
    too great and too marvelous for me.
    But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
    like a weaned child with its mother;
    my soul is like the weaned child that is with me. (Psalm 131)
    The kingdom of God is as if someone would scatter seed on the ground,
    and would sleep and rise night and day, and the seed would sprout and grow, he does not know how.
    The earth produces of itself, first the stalk, then the head, then the full grain in the head.
    But when the grain is ripe, at once he goes in with his sickle, because the harvest has come. (Mark 4:26ff)
    everything exposed by the light becomes visible,
    for everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says,
    "Sleeper, awake!
    Rise from the dead,
    and Christ will shine on you." (Ephesians 5:13f)
    O that you would tear open the heavens and come down,
    so that the mountains would quake at your presence--
    as when fire kindles brushwood
    and the fire causes water to boil--
    to make your name known to your adversaries,
    so that the nations might tremble at your presence!
    When you did awesome deeds that we did not expect,
    you came down, the mountains quaked at your presence.
    From ages past no one has heard,
    no ear has perceived,
    no eye has seen any God besides you,
    who works for those who wait for him. (Isaiah 64:1ff.)
    He said, "Go out and stand on the mountain before the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Now there was a great wind, so strong that it was splitting mountains and breaking rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of sheer silence. (1 Kings 19:11f.)
    You said, "Woe is me! The LORD has added sorrow to my pain; I am weary with my groaning, and I find no rest."
    Thus you shall say to him, "Thus says the LORD: I am going to break down what I have built, and pluck up what I have planted--that is, the whole land. And you, do you seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them; for I am going to bring disaster upon all flesh, says the LORD; but I will give you your life as a prize of war in every place to which you may go." (Jeremiah 45:3ff.)
    Everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. (1 John 4:7f.)
    We do not live to ourselves, and we do not die to ourselves. (Romans 14:7.)
    Even though you intended to do harm to me, God intended it for good (Genesis 50:20.)
    Is not this the fast that I choose:
    to loose the bonds of injustice,
    to undo the thongs of the yoke,
    to let the oppressed go free,
    and to break every yoke?
    Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
    and bring the homeless poor into your house;
    when you see the naked, to cover them,
    and not to hide yourself from your own kin?
    Then your light shall break forth like the dawn,
    and your healing shall spring up quickly;
    your vindicator shall go before you,
    the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. (Isaiah 58:6ff)
    God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that he may be merciful to all. (Romans 11:32)
    God has shown me that I should not call anyone profane or unclean. (Acts 10:18)
    Let the believer who is lowly boast in being raised up, and the rich in being brought low, because the rich will disappear like a flower in the field. (James 1:9f.)
    judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment. (James 2:13)
    Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:45ff.)

Apologies for transpassing: I am not a "Bible believer".

• daystar
    daystar

auldsoul

It's those who claim to believe what they don't yet even know for themselves who cause the trouble.

??? How to tell the difference? Inquiring minds want to know!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'm glad this came back up, 'cause there's another one I particularly like.

Psalms 4:4 In your anger do not sin;
    when you are on your beds,
    search your hearts and be silent.

Unless I miss its meaning, it is saying that when you're pissed off at somebody, you're better off to keep it to yourself and scream into your pillow instead.

If only I had taken that advice on various occasions!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit