Simon & Garfunkel...

by Frog 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

At the rock hall of fame there was an interesting display involving S&G, its seems the CIA requested permission to use "The Sound of Silence" as a motto and theme song within the agency. They had the actual letter from the CIA making the request on display. How cool was that?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hello darkness my old friend

I've come to talk to you again

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I thought my mom was such a cool mom because she loved Simon and Garfunkel. When I hear Homeward Bound and Sounds of Silence, I remember chilly, windy, overcast southeastern Louisiana days. My next door neighbors were the Di Maggios. You can guess that they loved the song Mrs. Robinson.

When my mother was in her last days, we compiled tapes to be played during her visitation and funeral. We included her favorite classical songs as well as other music that she loved. We included some Simon and Garfunkel. We played the tapes for her, not telling her what the tapes were for. I remember that when Bridge Over Troubled Water came on, I listened to the profound lyrics and held mom's hand. I softly sang to her, "Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down." I also whispered in her ear, "Sail on silver girl." The song was so fitting, beautiful and profound for such a somber time.

"And the leaves that are green, turn to brown."

• outnfree
    outnfree

Simon & Garfunkel are my favorite duet!

I was fortunate to pay LOTS of money to see them at the Palace of Auburn Hills (MI) on their recent tour. It was a FANTASTIC show, and I was so please to be able to see them perform together as I had never seen them live before, despite being a fan since the late 60's (thanks to my older sister).

Thanks for the memories, Frog!

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit