Do you still *want* to believe?

by daniel-p 56 Replies latest jw friends

• rmt1
    rmt1

Narkissos - Yup, I’m stumped. As far as I can tell, negative theology is theatrical deferred gratification that poetically structures God in litotes. He was entertaining negative theology towards the end of his life, guardedly saying that it ultimately performs the same ergs as positive theology, because what are you left with but a nice crisp-edged Zero of knowledge that so perfectly outlines what we actually always already assume. It’s almost like the ‘positivity’ of the negative theology exists under erasure. “I’m not saying this!” I can only guess that he was a deconstructor of self, and fully subscribed to the reiteration or re-instantiation of the “I” so that his “now-I” knew it had lost something. So, this component of “previous-I” was a deciding factor. Which could have, had it remained, decided for or against negative theology. So (brain hurts), is it that positive theology enables positive decision of acceptance, whereas negative theology seems to negate its ostensible neutrality or empirical fairness, which leads to a malaise about belief? (ponderous…)

• VM44
  • twinflame
    twinflame

No way in hell I want to believe their lies again but......I'd like to have something to believe in. I just don't know what I believe now and my head just won't let me go there right now, if ever.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I thought about going to a few meetings, ... Because my wife is still active.

If I did go... I'd be supporting her, life in my house would be happier, ... I THINK.

When I start the thought process, I feel the pain, ...and the past treatment,... and

I just did'nt want to make them think theres a chance of me being regular again,

and I Can't, ...... I just can't. Does this make me a bad person?

• Jez
    Jez

I never 'really' believed

-that God was going to destroy 99.9% of the population.

-that paradise was going to come in my day.

-that paradise was going to look exactly how they said it would. I had my own version.

-that a wife is in subjection to her husband.

-that JW were the only ones that God approved of.

-that if I didn't get 10 hours a month, I was not worthy.

-that the holidays were not meant to be celebrated.

-in disfellowshipping

Well, you get the picture. I think the reason alot of ppl can continue as witnesses is because they don't 'really' examine their faith or why they believe what they believe or buy into EVERYTHING 100%. So, I don't want to ever go through the motions again for any other reason than I wholeheartedly believe and understand why I am doing the things I am doing or why I am being asked to do things or agree with things etc. No more "going along to get along" for me.

• defd
    defd

Almostathiest. The New system is true. Jehovah promised it and it will surely come true.

D.

• anewme
    anewme

I am still interested in finding the truth. From reading here, I think I will only at best discover "the truth as I see it".
    A while ago I announced I was going to go back.
    This I have done.
    But I am also still here with you.
    I want to know all there is to know.
    I have grown from being here.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I'm a gemini - so I'm entitled to two answers !

Part of me wants to beleive - for the really genuine witnesses who are wasting their lives, I wish it was true...

The rest of me is glad it isn't !

Bull!

• VM44
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

hey I'm a gemini too and like I said before - hell no!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit