Anybody else had visions?

by philo 81 Replies latest jw friends

• philo
    philo

BBoy,

Thanks for that post, amazing! I have saved it.

philo

• rem
    rem

Thanks guys - it's James Randi, not Uri Gellar. I don't know where my mind was! :)

bboyneko,

Those results are quite impressive, but we have no way of knowing what controls were placed on such an experiment. Perhaps someone accidentally slipped information to the remote viewer without even realizing it (verbal or body language). That is why paranormalists have made excited claims over the years - they say they have an experiment which prooves psi, but then the expiriments were shown to be flawed. The subject was being leaked information - even subtle information which gave the person an advantage over chance. (note - this is how smart or counting animals are explained - thier owners tense up and then relax when the right answer is given. The animals are not accurate if they cannot see their owners).

I would be willing to participate in a test as well, but again, it would just be for fun. No matter what the result, positive or negative, it could not be constituted as scientific evidence. We would have to go into a whole protocol and expanded sample base to make the test more scientific.

It does sound like fun, though! :)

rem

p.s.: Seriously, if your girlfriend could win a million dollars that would be awesome! I believe anyone can apply for it.

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    I don't quite understand what this remoe viewing entails. Is it a matter of you or her seeing the same thing that I or another person sees, or that we think about? Or is it a matter of having us both agree on a specific location, and your being able to see what is there? In any case, what I can do right now for a preliminary test is take a photo of something and put it right in the middle of my desk here in the office. Now, (again, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass here), do I have to tell you the address or can you locate this just based on MY knowing where it is?

I don't need to know anything about it other than you have selected the target. Let me know when you have it ready, and i'll upload some sketches me and hopefully my girlfriend did. This will be fun cus i'm somewhat of a skeptic also. As for how remotev iewing works, theres tons of theories but I donno which one might be the corect one. As for knowing the target based on you knowing what it is, i have had this work with double-blind experiments. Neither I nor the subject knew what the target was. So if this works, lets try it double blind as well. Thanks for helping me out, if this works Im gonna go for the million :)

Hey speaking of money, anyone in the US that particicaptes in powerball picked any numbers?? the jackpot is at $300 million! I have 70 chances, I hope one of them wins :)

-Dan
    The author Upton Sinclair did alot of remote viewing experiments with his wife, anyone have more info on this?

• Deacon
    Deacon

REM

thanks for your comments.

It isnt the frequency of the occurences,it is the fact that they happen at all.
    Im a scientific and logic based person, I can rationalize anything. Experience, professionalism and familiarity with the subject in hand all leads to intuitiveperception.

Intuition being a form of perception based knowledge not in the forefront of the brain.

However..when these things happen...it always moves on its own and I feel like I can see inside the person and just guide the resolution of it without physical contact.

During thest times, I feel completely in touch with my knowledge. my confidence and my abilities....

Maybe some energy we dont know too much about yet...

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

OK, the test is on! I have a color photograph of something placed in the middle of my desk right now. I scanned it in and mailed a copy to another person on this discussion board so that there is a record of the picture selected. You can view the photo via any means you wish, the easiest being to look through my office window here in Rhode Island. Do you expect to submit one sketch, or several? The more sketches you make, the more of a chance you have to get something close, and I don't know if that would be a very fair test.

RI is a Powerball state, and I may pick up a quick-pick ticket today. In fact, I make my living in the lottery industry (I wrote many of the programs that states use for tracking scratch-off tickets), but I rarely play it, and I never buy scratch tickets. When the jackpot gets over a couple of million, the ticket price buys you a few hours or days of daydreaming, and it is worth the price for that alone.

• rem
    rem

bboy,

Also, if you are interested in doing some scientific tests, this book by Susan Blackmore might be interesting:

Test Your Psychic Powers, Susan Blackmore

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0806996692/qid=998669726/sr=1-6/ref=sc_b_6/104-6048261-0575912

She also wrote a book about her experiences testing paranormal claims over the years. It's called In Search of the Light: The Adventures of a Parapsychologist:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1573920614/qid=998669726/sr=1-2/ref=sc_b_2/104-6048261-0575912

I'm thinking about getting In Search of the Light to see what her first hand experiences were.

rem

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Hey chuck, can you rig a game for us like those people did for the mcdonalds games for over 5 years?

And ok, ill upload a sketch. Hopefully by tommorow. Thanks :)

-Dan

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

My job is to make sure that doesn't happen! In fact, I was astonished to learn about the McDonald's scam, since the high-prize winners with instant lottery tickets are handled with very high security, and no one knows where they are. I would have thought they use the same dual-security methods we do. In the ideal system, we maintain a Chinese Wall between the people who print the tickets and the state, and another between the lottery staff and the ticket distribution process. This means that (hopefully) no one knows which stores even receive the big winners.

As far as the McDonald's guys are concerned, did they actually think that they could pull this off over and over without their getting caught? There is not enough money ON EARTH for me to do anything that could result in my being sent to prison for one day, much less for several years.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Rem, I understand what you're saying and that has happened frequently. The particular instances I listed, however, happen very infrequently and they are different from "feelings" about something.

In the case of my husband's accident, I was sitting on the couch and at the time the accident occurred, I KNEW it. It wasn't a guess. I remember thinking, "DAMN! That idiot just had an accident, and he's going to hear about it when he gets home!"

The incident of the check arrival was exactly the same. I KNEW it would arrive on June 15th. It wasn't a guess.

These "absolutes" are very few and far between, but when they happen, there is no mistaking them for coincidence.

Deacon--I've had a similar experience with "hot hands" when working with my animals and have seen healing aided in this way. I'm trying to learn more about the practice of Reiki, which utilizes this ability to channel healing energy into another being. It's pretty amazing.

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Dan if you win the powerball, please remember that I think you are one of my best friends. We have so much in common. You are a really nice person. You are so cool. I like your music. AND I like Nowhere man.

Slayer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit