BIG WEEKEND JW NEWS STORY EXPOSES HEARTLESS CULT

by West70 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• West70
    West70

The following newspaper article appears to be the original (and more lengthy and indepth) article from which Associated Press took their "summarized" (and less informative) story which is being picked up by a number of television stations and newspapers across the U.S.

This BETTER VERSION should be forwarded to media outlets as a more informative version for their audience.

Its a pity that the reporter did not expound more on "JW SHUNNING", and explain to the world that the REAL REASON that the two JW parents did not meet and greet their two sons, and show their appreciation that they had returned from Iraq alive, was because they themselves -- these two Jehovah's Witness parents -- had already symbolically "stoned" their own sons to death even before they left for Iraq. These boys were already DEAD in these Jehovah's Witness parents' eyes.

The world needs to know the intimate details of the beliefs and teachings of this heartless satanic CULT.

------------------------------

http://www3.cantonrep.com/printable.php?ID=251095

Family splits over sons' military service; war conflicts with their beliefs

By CHARITA GOSHAY

CANTON - The Marine Corps Reserve 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines returned home from Iraq to the open arms of grateful family members.

Jason and Johel Woodliff had only each other.

The brothers say they were not greeted by their family upon their return on Oct. 6, because of religion.

The Woodliffs' parents are devout Jehovah's Witnesses, who oppose war and military service.

Graduates of Washington High School in Massillon, the Woodliffs said they had a strict upbringing based on their parents' faith, and that the real trouble began when they announced their intentions to become Marines.

"When they found out I wanted to join, they were very upset about it," said Johel, 20, who turned down a college scholarship to join the Marines in 2003.

"I let them know that as I grew older, I had done some research on the religion, and that it didn't abide with my beliefs."

Jason, 23, claims that when he informed his parents in 2004 that he too intended to join the Marines, he was asked to leave the house.

"I was 18 years old, living by myself in a trailer," he said. "I haven't had a conversation with my dad in five years. For him, it's 100 percent about the religion."

Though the Bible is filled with accounts of battles and war imagery, J.R. Brown, director of public information for the Watchtower Bible Tract Society, confirmed that Jehovah's Witnesses don't participate in military service based on their interpretation of Scripture, and that the actions of the Woodliffs' parents are consistent with the faith.

"As Christians, we're neutral with respect to the conflicts that nations have," he said. "Our neutrality is just in regards to conflicts of men. This doesn't mean we're adversaries. We try to (convey) that to the person as best we can, but because they're usually partisan, they think we're against them. That's not the case. We're truly neutral."

Brown noted that numerous U.S. court decisions have recognized members' right to neutrality.

"We're not be feared," Brown said, adding that the church is merely adhering to Jesus' admonition to, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God, the things that are God's."

disassociation

Brown acknowledged that family members who enter the military voluntarily, risk "disassociation."

"We as an organization or local congregation do not initiate this action," he explained. "Rather than 'disfellowship,' we use 'disassociation' as a term. That means the individual made a conscientious decision that he or she would no longer ascribe to the principles that we do. He or she has decided to take a side; the individual has left the position of 'neutral.' We look at disassociation as accepting the person's decision to take a side."

Given that the faith places a great deal of emphasis on the family, Brown concedes that others might see the policy as contradictory.

"It depends on how you look at your Christian responsibility," he said. "We look at our responsibility before God as our first and foremost responsibility. As our creator, he comes first. We feel our position of neutrality is based on our love for him. If a family member does not accept the same decision, we feel they have to bear the consequences. It pains us. We're human too."

Brown said members must prioritize their allegiances.

"You have to decide who's first in your life, is it God more than any human?" he said. "The fact is, we do not even put ourselves and our own interests ahead of God. He's our creator. Our allegiance is first to him. In making that decision, it does at times create problems within the family. Husbands, wives, parents can be torn; there's love there. But the apostle said we must obey God as ruler rather than man."

The brothers said that although they no longer embrace a particular faith, they believe in God and the Bible, adding that many Marines are deeply religious.

"There are Scriptures written all over Iraq," Johel said. "My favorite is John 15:13."

Attached to Johel's dog tags is a worn medallion of St. Michael, the warrior angel. He also carries a camouflage-paperback Bible.

"War shouldn't be necessary, but war has existed since the beginning of man," he said. "The Bible speaks of war constantly. King David was one of the greatest warriors. It shouldn't be a necessity, but it's a reality."

moral conflict?

The Rev. Wendy Bausman, a retired Navy chaplain and an associate pastor at Christ Presbyterian Church, ministered to Marines and sailors for 14 years.

"I didn't have a conflict serving in the military," she said. "But I was a non-combatant, which put me in different category. It would have been really challenging for me (in uniform), simply because of handling a weapon. I'm not comfortable with that."

Bausman said she did encounter service people who became conscientious objectors.

"The first person they go to outside their chain of command, is the chaplain," she explained. "A chaplain listens, counsels and writes a recommendation. They also must discern if the person is just trying to get out of the military, or it's something sincere."

She recalled one Marine who became an objector after joining a Mennonite church.

"It was really an honest introspection," she said. "He was struggling with the military once he became a Mennonite." unconditional love

The Woodliff brothers said they really didn't expect their parents to attend their homecoming.

"I begged my mother to come, but I knew she wouldn't," Johel said. "Several families know our situation and have taken us under their wing. My mom knows I'll always have love for her. I believe love is unconditional."

His brother is less forgiving.

"What's the most important thing in the Bible? Love and family," Jason asked.

"It's not like I blasphemed God or worshipped the devil. It's just ridiculous to me."

parents' reply

In a written statement, Thomas and Mia Woodliff respond: "We love our sons and are saddened that they have expressed public disappointment regarding what should be a private, family matter, that is, our choice not to attend the recent homecoming party for the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines. As you know, we are Jehovah's Witnesses and are neutral as to the political and military affairs of the world. We base our beliefs on Scriptures such as John 17:14, 16, Matthew 5:43, 44 and Matthew 26:52 among others. This means we are neither for nor against the political involvements of the 200-plus nations that we can be found in. This does not mean that we do not love the land in which we live, or that we disrespect the government or those in authority. We recognize that each nations ruling authority has the right to enact and enforce laws, make foreign policy and to purse its own sovereign interests. We simply choose not to participate.

"However, we are generally known as exemplary taxpayers and citizens and we try to follow the laws of the land to the extent that our Bible-trained conscience will individually permit. Which leads us to the main point of our statement. Our two sons were taught to be peace-loving followers of Jesus Christ. Instead, they have chosen a different path. We respect their right to chose whatever lifestyle they wish. And we hope one day for reconciliation so that we can be a united family again. We have many fond memories of the abundant good times we shared together. In the meantime, please be assured that the current difference in point of view, and the separation in ties that has occurred as a result, does not mean that we love our children less."

WHAT DO WITNESSES BELIEVE?

Founded in 1881 by Charles T. Russell of Pittsburgh, Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, centers on preparation for the second coming of Christ.

Witnesses believe that Christ returned to Earth in 1914 by way of an "invisible presence," and that his presence remains on earth today.

Though members consider themselves Christians, their doctrine rejects several tenets of orthodox Christianity: n Witnesses reject the concept of a "triune" God. They believe that Jesus was God's first creation, not God incarnate. They also believe the Holy Spirit is a "force" of God, not the third person of the Trinity.

n Witnesses reject the Christian tenet that Jesus' resurrection was physical; rather, they believe he received a "spirit" body and that his physical body was disposed of by Jehovah.

n They also reject the idea of an eternal hell, believing instead that people who refuse to repent will suffer an eternal death.

n Witnesses also eschew blood transfusions, based on the Book of Leviticus in the Old Testament, which forbids ingestion of meats containing blood, and Acts 15:29 in the New Testament.

n Christmas, Easter and family birthdays are not observed because Witnesses believe they're based on pagan traditions.

n Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to salute the flag or engage in military service, based on their belief that God will fight all battles and exact justice. They also embrace political neutrality.

n During World War II, more than 2,500 members were killed in Nazi concentration camps. Prior to the war, Witnesses were branded heretics by mainline German churches in Germany. In 1935, the sect was outlawed. Even after the war, persecution of members continued throughout the world.

n Currently, nearly 1,000 Jehovah's Witnesses are in jail in South Korea for refusing to serve in that country's military. South Korea has no provision for alternative service.

http://www.cantonrep.com

E-mail the webmaster at: [email protected]

• carla
    carla

The parents say it should be a 'private family matter'? Is anything ever a private family matter in the hall? Interesting conversation in my home about this topic. One child did not find husband neutral at all when discussing this topic. The child found his policy of inaction an action in itself. This was a preteen. I'm sure his delivery in the conversation also helped the child feel that way.

I hope this makes my paper.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Can the dubs really prove that the early christians didn't participate in the army? For all I've read it was a matter of individual conscience not something to be imposed upon the individual.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    our choice not to attend the recent homecoming party for the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines. As you know, we are Jehovah's Witnesses and are neutral as to the political and military affairs of the world. We base our beliefs on Scriptures such as John 17:14, 16, Matthew 5:43, 44 and Matthew 26:52 among others. This means we are neither for nor against the political involvements of the 200-plus nations that we can be found in.

To truly be "neither for nor against" involvement in the military, why would they care what anybody else did as regards military service? By taking the stand they do, JW's show that they are decidedly *against* military service. This violates the principle of nuetrality. JW's express an understanding of what nuetrality means, but they fail to live up to this understanding. By dissassociating and shunning members who choose to serve their country, JW's are taking a stand. They aren't nuetral at all; they are against war and the military.

A truely nuetral person wouldn't care either way.

• carla
    carla

Jee,

That is exactly the point my child was trying to make to him, he of course didn't see it.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    This does not mean that we do not love the land in which we live...blah...blah...

This part seems to be a direct quote from the literature rather than an original statement, which always makes them look like parrots IMO.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

God I hate JR Brown.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    In a written statement, Thomas and Mia Woodliff respond:

Wonder who wrote it for them? It's carefully crafted.

This story exposes the WTS' soft underbelly. Here's hoping it gets major play and that the shunning doctrine gets to be front and center in subsequent stories.

• West70
    West70

I don't know whether anyone recalls such, but this isn't the first time this has happened in the past few months.

Wasn't there a Army Ranger killed in Iraq or Afghanistan about 2 months ago, who had been reared JW, and he had signed a Waiver for a military funeral so if he was killed his own JW parents would attend his funeral?

I also believe there was a third instance of a "returning" soldier.

We should also not forget the "reared JW" Vietnam soldier who was killed in combat, and was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his heroism. His JW Mother and Sister refused to go to the ceremony and accept it. However, curiously, the whole family showed up when a federal building was named in his honor back in the 1990s. I believe his last name was "Sargeant", or something similar.

• codeblue
    codeblue

The JW's certainly didn't remain "neutral" to political endeavors as shown by their 10 year alligiance as an NGO with the United Nations.

That is pure hypocrisy.

Based on their non-neutral postion with the Wild Beast...the JW org should be shunned by all real Christians!!!

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit