What Was Your "Ministry" Like?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

BTW, my point in making this thread is to show how silly believing that JWs are qualified ministers of the good news. No way! Most don't go out in service. Those that do never find anyone home. If there is interest, what are the chances that you're going to reach them again to have meaningful discussions? The ministry is a JOKE! The stones better cry out because witnessing is so ineffective and all of us here are proof of that.

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

crappy

• minimus
    minimus

You see, almost everyone realizes there is no "ministry". It's all a "crappy" sham.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Awful, really awful. I would say a one word description would be "evasive". Trying to knock softly at doors if at all, always going to doors with different people, so I could get them to do it, trying to just not go out at all.

Dams

• minimus
    minimus

Here, JWs are TRYING to avoid reaching people! OMG, that says it all!!

• daystar
    daystar

I was never baptised, thus I was never, technically, a JW minister. I am, however, ordained of the Universal Life Church! http://www.ulc.org/

• minimus
    minimus

See-----Anyone can be a minister-----for free!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

My ministry?......I had a lovely slim burgundy leather bookbag with a bible, tracts, latest mags, breath mints, slips for recording my numbers (it's all about the numbers). I was trained to give thought-provoking introductions (that didn't seem to provoke anything other than irritation), to overcome objections (that stubbornly remained anyhow), and I often took my own lunch in field service so as to not take too much time away for going door to door. I dressed conservatively, genuinely cared about the people I was approaching, and the only bookstudies I can remember conducting were with the children of other JW's "studies" (who were mainly inactive publishers) and really lonely elderly people.

My ministry was a well-meaning waste of time in support of a totally clueless religious book publishing company.

~Merry

• minimus
    minimus

Merry, you were a wonderful example in the ministry. A perfect little Witness. You even had the breath mints so as to not offend. But you were still unproductive. The days of having 10 Bible students getting baptized ended in 1976.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit