Feeling crappy...

by calico 7 Replies latest jw friends

• calico
    calico

My husband says that I should DA myself because I talk to you guys! Conditional love, anyone!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Awwww Calico!!! That's crappy on his part.

Shame on him... You hang in there pet.... His religon teaches him to spew forth crap like this....

• horrible life
    horrible life

I'm sorry calico. Even if a person is not sure, Its comforting to be able to be here and lean on somebody. I got ticked at my husband a few minutes ago, and came on here, and I feel better already.

Ask him why you should shoot yourself in the foot? It will just make it harder on him. HL

• Es
    Es

but why we are not bad associates .

Have you explained that even JW post on this forum.

chin up we are here for you

es

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

((( Calico)))

~Merry

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

well...Calico...Maybe you should!!!

No one should have to live in fear of listening to an alternative viewpoint - regardless of whether they perceive it as truth or not.

Don't let conditional love get you down.(((calico)))

• TheListener
    TheListener

Is your husband a dub?

Do you have family that are dubs?

DA'ing is a personal decision and although a mate can give you their opinion you must decide for yourself what is the best course to follow.

Good luck.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Ok sorry. I've re-read some of your posts and I see that your husband is a dub and is mentally abusive.

Here's my advice fwiw. (by the way I've been there and still am, without the mental abuse part):

Don't allow him to cajole you into doing something that makes everything easier for him and more difficult for you. Sure if you DA he won't have to dodge uncomfortable questions by the friends (if he dodges them at all now) and he can gain the sympathy for living with such a horrible person who would take an active stand against Jehovah himself! How horrible for him! Meanwhile you are completely shut out of the life of those you most care about and wish to have some relationship with. When someone DA's (at least to the congregation) it is making a statement of finality and almost thumbing your nose at the society. It appears that that isn't what you'd like to do. You have the right to slip away quietly. If asked by elders or others about how you're doing or what problems you may be having be polite and considerate. Listen to what they say and respond with something like "I'll think about that" or "that makes sense, thanks for sharing" and then continue on down your own path. That way you don't sound haughty or willful in your course and they shouldn't try to DF you for apostasy.

Good luck and please keep coming here and sharing/venting. That's one reason the board exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit