What if they're right after all?

by Honesty 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

The trinity, soul and body that are one and yet separate at death, heaven and hell, etc. Christendom's beliefs are deemed strange by many people but what if they are right?

• kls
    kls

Does it really make a difference?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

*** w89 12/1 pp. 13-14 Why We Need Accurate Knowledge ***

Those who reject an accurate knowledge of the truth often choose the pathway of expediency. They no longer accept the responsibility of regularly attending Christian meetings or of participating in the house-to-house ministry. Some even go back to smoking! Others are happy that they no longer have to stand out as different over the issue of Christian neutrality and the misuse of blood. Oh, what freedom! Now they can even vote for one of the political parties of the "wild beast." (Revelation 13:1, 7) Thus, as unsteady souls, some have been seduced and misled from the straight path of accurate knowledge by those who, while ‘promising them freedom, are themselves existing as slaves of corruption.’—2 Peter 2:15-19.

Unless such ones repent and return to the truth, they expose themselves to the judgment that Paul outlined: "For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and there is a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition." How unwise and shortsighted it is to abandon the accurate knowledge of Jehovah God and Christ Jesus for the apostate teachings of Christendom

w88 4/1 p. 22 God’s Judgments Must Be Declared ***

Just as Jehovah kept sending his prophets to Israel and Judah, he has sent his witnesses to hammer away at the message of his coming judgment. (Jeremiah 7:25, 26; 25:4, 8, 9) Especially since the spiritually invigorating year 1919, the anointed remnant of Christ’s brothers fearlessly presented God’s judgments, powerful messages of calamity, to Christendom. (Compare Jeremiah 11:9-13.) In that year the magazine The Golden Age was launched. Over the years and with its changed titles, Consolation (1937) and Awake! (1946), it has served to expose Christendom’s religious lies and its pseudo-Christianity...

The Jeremiah role was expanded through the use of other publications, such as the Watchtower magazine, booklets, and books. For example, in 1926 the book Deliverance included a powerful exposé of Christendom’s misleading teachings. On page 203 it states: "False doctrines were freely introduced [into apostate Christendom] and substituted for the truth. Amongst these were and are the doctrines of the trinity, immortality of all souls, eternal torture of the wicked, the divine right of the clergy and the divine right of kings to rule

w81 8/1 pp. 23-24 Harvesting in the "Time of the End" ***

For centuries the clear identity of the "wheat," or true "sons of the kingdom," had been obscured by the proliferous "weeds," or apostate Christians, who claimed to have the heavenly hope as heirs to the Kingdom. Only after 1919, when the truly spirit-begotten Christians were delivered from Babylon the Great, the Devil’s world empire of false religion, did a clear difference become visible between the "wheat" and the "weeds."

The symbolic "weeds" include all counterfeit Christians, not excluding any modern-day apostates who teach "things that cause stumbling," as well as "persons who are doing lawlessness." This would include the "evil slave," the ‘foolish virgins’ and the "wicked and sluggish slave." (Matt. 24:48-51; 25:1-12, 14-30) Their being ‘bound in bundles’ ready to be burned up does not represent their being grouped into the various churches and sects of Christendom, for it can hardly be said that the angels are responsible for such apostate church systems. Furthermore, the binding and bundling takes place during the "harvest season," at the "time of the end," whereas many of the religions of counterfeit Christianity have existed for centuries. The binding of "weeds" in bundles means that since 1919 the separation between true and imitation Christians has become ever clearer, both in the people’s minds and by actual separation... For decades now, counterfeit Christians, and particularly the "man of lawlessness"—Christendom’s clergy—have bewailed the fact that "the sons of the kingdom," Jehovah’s anointed witnesses, have been pelting them with hard-hitting Scriptural truths, exposing them for what they really are: "sons of the wicked one."

w81 8/15 pp. 28-29 Serving Jehovah "Shoulder to Shoulder" ***

From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah’s people those who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude... They try to sow doubts and to separate unsuspecting ones from the bounteous "table" of spiritual food spread at the Kingdom Halls of Jehovah’s Witnesses, where truly there is ‘nothing lacking.’ (Ps. 23:1-6) They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago, and some have even returned to celebrating Christendom’s festivals again, such as the Roman Saturnalia of December 25!

Interesting ideas here, no?

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Christendom's beliefs are deemed strange by many people but what if they are right?

You gotta be kiddin' me !!!!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I better get ready for the eternal toasting

• onacruse
    onacruse
    What if they're right?

Your question desperately begs another question:

How could (or have, or can) they prove that they're right?

No religion that has ever visited it's ugly face on this planet has ever been able to demonstrate the validity of their after-life promises and/or expectations...albeit that they reluctantly must admit that all living things cease to have a physical existence. How many of the "anointed" who have died, even those whom you might have very personally known, have ever bothered themselves to come back to you and said "Here I am!!!!" I've known dozens of them, some as comrades, and nary a word.

So, to the point: I can talk out of my orifices all I want about what the future holds, and yet not one person on this planet (including Jesus Holy Christ Himself) has ever demonstrated, beyond any doubt, that there is anything other than Death awaiting the Human Organism.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

if they ARE right, and god really is that fickle as to send me to eternal damnation for not believing that he cares about us while he allows all this suffering, then u know what>??? I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR FICKLE ASS HOLE OF A GOD ANYWAYS!!!!

the infamous one

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

What if WHO is right? The JWs, or christendom as a whole, or...some other particular christian group?

The JWs are as far away from right as you can possibly get. About the others, I don`t know. But as I am no part of any group...I guess I`m screwed, and going to...

• Honesty
    Honesty
    But as I am no part of any group...I guess I`m screwed, and going to...

Jesus didn't say anything about belonging to any group. God's Word does tell us that one day He will return to get His bride. If Christendom is wrong about the body and soul, heaven and hell, etc. where did they come up with the concept?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Apostle Paul said something like, "If Christ has not been raised from the dead, and we have hoped in him - We are Men Most To Be Pitied"

So I suppose you can always ask that question , I mean J W's really did have the truth, and we walked away from it, what fools we would be . Suppose you were on a Jury and after delivering the verdict you wondered, "Suppose that other side had been right", What if????

I am saying that in things where nobody can actually testify first hand to the accuracy of the writings, then what standard of proof will we accept?

I once read a book that said that some truths were self evident. As well as deductive reasoning men just knew that some things were right. It made sense , it hit a nerve within and the truth gelled with the inner thinking. That is how I felt about the realisation that The WT was 'just not true'. That statement hit me with awful realisation and I have never doubted it.

The same with the elements of faith that you mention . It will become evident , given time, don't worry just let realisation take its course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit