Circumcision?

by jstalin 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jstalin
    jstalin

Does the WTS have anything to say about circumcision? Is there an official doctrine?

• carla
    carla

Naw, they just cut the whole damn mess off and be done with it.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Circumcision...it's not just for boys anymore!

They don't have a policy as such that I'm aware of. I'm personally of the belief that ya ought to let what the good Lord gave ya stay intact. If the boy grows up and as a late teen or young adult wants to get "cut" so be it. But once cut there's no going back.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

It's no big deal to get it done as a baby, and it's not something you ever miss. The decision should be based on the father. I could not have taught my son how to properly clean his foreskin, which is really important.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

You need a foreskin to be able to explain to your son how to wash his penis? You've got to be kidding me.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

You realize there's a difference in washing a circumsized and an uncircumsized penis, right?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the first time you zip up your foreskin, usually around grade 2 for some reason, you curse your parents and their gods.

it's funny. why would god create us perfectly and then command the jews to chop the skin off? creationists have a lot to answer for man.

TS

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

There is nothing official regardin circumcision. But JWs on the whole and going back to the Zionism of Russell's era hold Jews and the Jewish faith in high esteem.

Witnesses believe that the Jews were God's original chosen people and only as a group, due to their rejecting Christ, did they lose God's favor. Otherwise, jewish persons in general, (not the pharisees or saducees) are spoke about very highly in the all of the literature.

My point is that this translates over, in the West (U.S.) at least as probably holding a positive view of circumcision, or at least not holding much of a negative view against it.

My guess is that those born into the faith were circumcised but this is hard to know since in the U.S. the preference has been towards circumcision in the last half of the 20th Century.

A literature review, would probably reveal a few snippets (no pun intended) of repetition of the questionable medical findings that circumcision supposedly has health benefits, but I couldn't find any just browsing through the CD-ROM although I do kind of remembering hearing that somewhere either from the platform or reading it in the literature somewhere.

Of course, JWs point out that it is not necessary to get circumcised.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Ok Joel, here are the "washing instructions" that come with each male newborn that isn't "cut".

Teach your son to clean his foreskin by:

1.) gently pulling it back from the glans
    2.) rinsing the glans and inside fold of the foreskin with soap and warm water
    3.) pulling the foreskin back over the head of the penis.

Caring for your son's uncircumcised penis requires no special action. Remember, foreskin retraction will occur naturally and should never be forced. Once boys begin to bathe themselves, they will need to wash their penis just as they do any other body part. This too, a healthy penis is a happy penis!

With these simple steps YOU TOO can teach your son proper bathing technique. Tomorrow's lesson: Advanced bubble gum chewing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2
    The decision should be based on the father.

If the father is the one changing all the diapers, than yeah, sure why not.

Bit of a sexist statement I think?

By the way, I have known the circumsized, and the uncircumcized. None in either group suffered from any kind of foreskin related infection because they didn't know how to clean themselves. And trust me, these fellas' daddies weren't the kind of guys to spend time talking to their boys about how to go about cleaning their penis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit