Witnesses.....will they REALLY be any different in the New System?

by gumby 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

In talking to a fellow ex-dub buddy of mine the other day, it occured to me that in many ways....witnesses could be living the life they expect to live in the New System.......but they don't.

In the publications we see picture after picture of smiling brothers helping each other frame each others new houses ....for free. We also never see in the publications poor african people walking through aligator/ piranna infested swamps to get to a Kingdom Hall either in the New System.

The fact is......brothers HIRE brothers in THIS system to help build their new homes and are taught not to expect free labor, but to pay them as you would the next guy.

With regards to the poor Africans.....and others...., the Jehovahs Witness Organisation has enough money to see that fellow believers in poorer countries should not go hungry or be without a meeting place to worship in.

Why do you suppose that many aspects of the New System they are awaiting for.....cannot be realised right now in the present? Will it be any different in Paradise? Why?

Gumby

• Cori
    Cori

Because Jehovah will provide all thats neccesary and the Devil will not be there to cause grief!

You should know that....

• gumby
    gumby
    Because Jehovah will provide all thats neccesary and the Devil will not be there to cause grief!

They claim Jehovah provides at the present. And....as far as I know.....the devil at the present time wouldn't get in the way if the organisation wanted to put up a modest Kingdom Hall here and there in poorer countries............so there!

Gumby

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Truth be told: They are actually very good at helping eachother with building houses and stuff. When my father decided to build on our house, a new part (don`t know the english word), they all helped out. Very handy of course, that all JWs are (or were, back then in the early 80s) carpenters, plummers, electricians, etc. My dad saved a lot of money that way.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nice to see ya heading a thread, me old grumbling mate!

I've come to see more and more that there's many, many things the dubs COULD do, but don't.

They could have their own schools - that'd be a "foretaste of new world living' for their youngsters, wouldn't it?

They could genuinely share their wealth with each other along the lines of the christians reported on in the Acts of the Apostles and the Pauline letters. Of course, they could ensure that their poorer brothers and sisters in Africa and other places get decent meeting places - and hey! what about helping them get decent living accommodation too?

After all, it IS scriptural. - so why don't the WT do it?

I wonder.......well no I don't, they're no better than "the churches" they constantly berate over their wealth. The GB and their cohorts love wealth. As simple as that.

• Ticker
    Ticker

They dont because the Watchtower exemplifies the scripture they so often like to place on other churches "They pay service with their lips but their hearts are far removed from me."

The Watchtower is all talk, always have been and always will be. They paint a nice picture but it will never become reality.

Ticker

• Cori
    Cori

And all the witnesses seem so perfect in the pictures, everyone is happy and glad to be with each other.

I know personally of some people in the cong. that couldn't stand each other. Will they suddenly like each other in the new system???

• gumby
    gumby

Cori.....good point. The spiritual paradise they boast of can't be easily found.

Hellrider ol' chap,

Truth be told: They are actually very good at helping eachother with building houses and stuff.

You are correct in many cases. We just had our ( my wifes) congregation totally re-build a sisters home who had it pretty bad. It made the local paper too. The bad part is......she had been financially strapped and had a home that looked like a bum had lived there for the 15 years i've lived here.....and they JUST took action because a nice brother got the ball rolling. She should have been helped much sooner.

I realise the witnesses are also capable of doing some loving things for each other and can be commended for that, but they are far from acting the way the publication portray them and I haven't seen the society give some of their dough to poorer congregations who need the help.

Gumby

• Cori
    Cori

I remember when Sept. 11 happened, and the article from the Society. Giving themself praise for helping all those people coming across the bridge. I remember thinking, "dont let your right hand know what your left is doing" (or something like that). The Society is always saying to avoid glorifying itself, and yet its what it does constantly, under the pretense that its proof that God backs them. Its sickening, especially when they used that specific event to show how righteous they are.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

When I was in, I used to comment that there was a reason we needed 1,000 years to get our acts together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit