New Watchtower Distribution System...

by zeroday 24 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Another missed opportunity for me to wake up was when they first released the library CD. The km said something like, "Worldly CD's with much less valuable information retail for $50 or even $100". Even my throughly-washed brain thought, "Surely you don't expect me to pay a retail price for something you wrote, coded, and distributed using volunteer labor?" I usually gave 'em $5 for a CD and thought it was a hell of a gift. Turns out it was. Idiot.

Dave

TO FUNNY!! You are right of course...all of the comments here make me laugh.

• zeroday
    zeroday

She just couldn't throw them away. The "brothers" tried to offer them to JWs for their libraries but no takers. It was a lovely bonfire.

It's funny how they can't bear to part with these gems of truth. Until, of course, new light makes them obsolete, then they can't burn them fast enough.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    The twice monthly Awake should be rolling off the presses soon; starting in January there will only be one issue monthly.

Blondie, is this true or just a joke? If true how do you know?

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Blondie, is this true or just a joke? If true how do you know?

Actually, it's quite true. They announced early in the year the Awake would go to once a month. They used a lame excuse that they want to concentrate on more spiritual material. As usual they are adverse to truth and the fact is they know what everyone else knows that it just ends up in landfill anyway.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I remember when our family moved while I was in high school and we had at least 10-12 boxes of old WT's and Awakes that had never seen the light of day. My mom wouldn't hear of throwing them out though. So we moved all of the boxes to our new house. I think 35 years later they may still be sitting in boxes somewhere. Of course it would be interesting to start thumbing through some of the older mags and see how much doctrinal backtracking there has been on just about every tenet.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The NWT is now in paperback.

And the "deluxe" bible will no longer be made available - also official and read in a letter from the platform

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Media Corporation takes some obvious easy ways to increase units available for distribution to members in exchange for unrelated donations. One way was the separation of the yearbook and the daily text book. All Witnesses I know obtained their own personal copy. When the Yearbook was divided to make two books, all Witnesses I know each obtained their own personal copy of each book. Distribution doubled with no additional writing.
    The Society did the same thing with the information CD's. At first they produced a CD every other year. They apparently did okay on the CD's and they wanted a way to double output as well as donations without having to double the number of contributing Jehovah's Witnesses, so they just started producing the CD every year instead of every other year.
    Does the Society look more like Noah gathering his family into the Ark with doom right at the door? Or do they look more like a secular book publishing corporation doing big business?
    Anybody know how many attorneys Noah had to be sure he could rough shod over people and do business?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Bound Volumes will definitely be next for the chopping block

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It could come in stages - I predict one bound volume per year - The WT and reduced awake combined into one bound volume

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Blondie!

What a SCREAM! I cant wait to get my paperback copy of the NWT! I hope its made from the "extra gentle" paper!

I used to have SUCH a thing for Debbie Harry. She made me NUTS!

Hmmmm.

It's all starting to make sense...

NNNNNate
    "New and Improved"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit