I'm not buying it! That people left the Witnesses and became Christians.

by free2beme 75 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I tried it, could not swallow all the lies and misinformation they had. I am sorry, but even if you deny the whole Witness faith, there is still parts to Christianity that they pointed out that you can not just ignore and act like it is okay to join another faith that is Christian. Really? Are you going to become Catholic when your know their history? Are you going to become Mormon when you know their history? Honestly, I tried and all I saw was "same scene" with a "new face." Guess that is why I left Christianity all together. I don't buy that anyone actually left the Witnesses and fully became a Christian and erased all the information the Witnesses taught you. Yes, a lot of what they said was wrong, this I know. Yet I read a lot of non-Witness publications about history and other works that supported some of what they said about the problems of all Christianity. So I would be no different if I was a Witness or a Christian, both rely on ignoring a great deal of facts.

Faith is blind though, right?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The good thing about many religions that are not high control groups (like the JWs and others) is that people are not forced to believe every word pronouced by the leaders or get kicked out.

For many Christains faith does not mean you adopt a whole package of beliefs. My expereince with other churches has been positive. I have been told the main thing is to accept Christ as the mediator. That's it. That's all that Christ requested. How that is interpreted, is up to the indivual.

I have been told, my faith (whatever that is) is between me and God. That's it.

Christ said his load was light, not a burden to his followers.

YOU may not agree and you have absolute right to not agree. But the experience of others is not your experience, just like their experience is not yours.

You may not like it. You may think it improbable, or ridiculous.

But if a person leaves the JWs and finds some belief that helps them be closer to God then more power to them.

• That Nate Guy
    That Nate Guy

Interestingly enough, those JayDubs who embrace another religion after they leave the WTBTS or are shunned, their number one bondage of choice is the Muslim religion. After that, the Jewish religion. Then the Mormons. Among Americans, the Mormons are the most popular next religion. A step way up, since the Mormons tend to be upbeat people.

Of those people in mental institutions who stated a religious preferance, JayDubs are Numero Uno. I wonder why.

THAT NATE GUY

• Honesty
    Honesty
    There is still parts to Christianity that they pointed out that you can not just ignore and act like it is okay to join another faith that is Christian.

What does joining another faith make a person Christian? One faith does not mean "denomination". It means putting faith in and trusting Jesus as Savior and Lord. The WTBTS twists denomination and faith into meaning the same thing.

• That Nate Guy
    That Nate Guy

Why join a religion at all? Whats the point? Why not find some spiritual practices and principles that resonate with you and make your OWN path?

I no longer understand why people want someone else to do their thinking for them, or be part of a brainless herd.

THAT NATE GUY

• Kaput
    Kaput
    So I would be no different if I was a Witness or a Christian, both rely on ignoring a great deal of facts.

Correct-o-mundo. Except you wouldn't be dragging a JW ball & chain if you were a Christian.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about me? I'm a regular Christian married to a JW. I've researched the JW beliefs and discarded them. I just don't buy in to the "pagan origin" bunkum that the WTBTS is so fond of spouting.

Am I living an irrational life?

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I did it...raised as a Witness, left at the age of 24, followed a very ecelectic, free-form, Shamanic-type way of life for some 16 years, then became a Christian mystic (no denomination) this past summer after being invited by Christ to do so

~Merry

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

You might find our website interesting. There are quite a few of us former JWs who are now Catholics.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• free2beme
    free2beme

That Nate Guy

From my experience with former Witnesses like myself, a lot go Wiccan or other Pagan faiths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit