What Decisions Did You Make Only Because You Were A Witness?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that most JWs are deep down inside angry over the fact that they went along with the status quo and the majority just to be accepted. Some Witnesses would like to have a tattoo, a mustache, a shaved head, a beard, a new red sportscar, etc. but they don't because they would be viewed as "immature". What did you do or not do simply because you were a Jehovah's Witness?

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

There are so many, let me think, oh yeah, here goes:

1. Gave up on becoming a Rock Star (teenage dream)

2. Gave up on pursuing a college degree (wanted to be a clothing designer)

3. Gave up on pursuing a modeling career (Jehovah came first)

4. Broke up with my Soul Mate because to continue with him would have jeopardized my relationship with Jehovah

5. Didn't pursue a relationship with someone very meaningful, because he was not a Witness

I just know there's more, but for now that's it, Damn them!!!!!

(thankfully, it's all worked out very well for me regardless, when life has given me lemons, I break out the salt and tequila

IC

• defd
    defd

I used to shunn people without actually knowing there sitiuation and circumstances. Actually by me being here I really have learned alot about that.

• luna2
    luna2

• I'd gone back to school about the time I first came into contact with JWs...I quit because wtf do I need an education for? The world is ending any day now, right?

• I un-joined the YMCA....the sis I was studying with made sure to inform me how "bad" this demonic/Christendom-based organization was, so I quit. Getting healthy? Who needs that, we're all gonna be perfect and young and gorgeous in the New System...which is coming SOON; very, very soon.

• Instead of getting a good job with benefits, I started cleaning houses part-time and then went to work for JWs...it was awful, but I stuck it out because I didn't want to be "disloyal".

• I made the decision to move out to CT with my parents when they bought a hardware store out here because I thought I was being directed by Jehovah and, believe it or not, I wanted to spend time with my folks because they were gonna probably be croaked forever at Armegeddon and I'd never see them again.

• I deprived my children of holidays, birthdays and a normal upbringing.

• I put up with ill health for many years because I expected the end to arrive soon so it would be a waste of $$ to go to the doctor.
  • Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Wasn't allowed to be in the high school band, wanted to learn drums. "No" to Spanish Club after school beacuse of association with worldly kids who are presumed to be rotten. Won a trip to Spain with Spanish class and teachers but wasn't permitted to travel with worldlings. I had to look at their pictures when they came back. Wasn't allowed to accept my Grandpa's offer to pay for my college. My father answered for me, "She doesn't want to attend college; she wants to pioneer." Noboby asked ME what I wanted to do, and I found out about the offer later. Anything I had interest in, or showed talent for, was discouraged so the time could be spent in Bible study. So many Witless kids are forced to stifle their natural talents and grow up, wondering wistfully what they might have been today had they been encouraged to develope them!

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I stopped believing in God.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I refused to do Tae Bo and Yoga because they are considered "evil".

I decided to bite my tongue on several occassions rather than speaking my mind.

I kept my distance from non-witnesses.

I chose to believe I was invincible in a way, because I was chosen by Jehover to serve him w/his people.

I decided showing any, even a small amount of cleavage was a sin. (thankfully that's changed )

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

What Decisions Did You Make Only Because You Were A Witness?

To hide the fact that I smoked.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I used to shunn people without actually knowing there sitiuation and circumstances. Actually by me being here I really have learned alot about that.

That just brought a small tear to my eye. Seriously.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I didn't pursue a lucrative career since the Armageddon was just around the corner. I didn't smoke (pot or cigarettes). I didn't date or have sex [even though I could date, there were hardly no choices of other JWs in my area since it was rural and I was already related to half of other single people]. I didn't associate with a lot of people who gave a damn more about me than most of the people I attended meetings with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit