Life Sucks!!!!

by Tez 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tez
    Tez

Aaaaaagggghhhhh!!! thats how I feel at the mo!!! Why is it that no matter how hard you try life still sh**s on you!!!!! I come on this site hoping to feel a little bit better about leaving JW's and end up still feeling guilty! Yet I know that the way I have changed is not in the best way to serve God, but I can't cope with the 'goodiness' any more!!! Do you know how I feel, what I mean??? Is there a God who actually cares how I behave or feel??? and if there is then what do I owe him? can I ever live up to what he wants of me??? what is the point of all this?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I can't hand you a good feeling, but here's a couple things to think about. What makes you so sure good works is what your god is looking for? I know thats what the JWs teach, but if you want to keep the christian/bible thing going I think you'll find most feel that whats necessary is grace or forgiveness.

Personally I don't buy into that whole original sin thing, I believe a bit differently. But one thing I do know, is that you have to open your mind and search, and you'll find your answers and your path.

Blessings,

Sherry

• Tez
    Tez

Thanks for that Sherri, I seem to have a block on the searching at this moment in time, I am scared of finding something I can't live up to!!! Really do appreciate your kind thoughts though.

Tez

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

None of us can ever "live up" to deserving salvation. It is not something that is earned, it is freely given. All we have to do is accept it.

• deb926
    deb926

I too come to this website when feeling down, missing my parents or my daughter. Regrets? None whatsoever! I have found that God is there for you and he doesn't require anything of you except to keep your eyes open to how he is directing your life and watching over you. In my opinion, you don't need a religion interfering between you and him, only faith in his existence and willingness to help you.

• findingmyself
    findingmyself

Sometimes I say the same thing. I feel like I have been dealt the wrong hand. I have been thinking that the jw religion just isn`t the one for me I havent attended a meeting in over a year. The thing that bothers me the most is the way I am treated by my family like the stupid one the one that didn`t suceed. to me I did everything right I didn`t have sex until marriage, I planned my pregnany down I married the right man. I have everything that I could possibly dream of but yet I have been shunned by my family and put down when I have they have to be around me. Unless I can find a way to get over the way I am treated I feel like true happiness is far away.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Don't know where you're at with your jw-ism.

I really agree with Sherry.

Open yourself up to new experiences.

Look around and take in the surroundings as if you are in completely new territory...

Because, really you are.

Does God care about you, etc. etc.

Don't give up on your quest.

peace and blessings

BlackSwan

• SallySue
    SallySue

God does love you. Jesus says His load is not heavy. Cast off the burdens the JW place upon you and accept Jesus' way. He will never leave you or forsake you. His love is not conditional like the JW's love. He stands at the door and knocks and will come in to whomever opens and accepts Him. We can't buy our own salvation as it is a free gift from God.

• poppers
    poppers

"Is there a God who actually cares how I behave or feel??? and if there is then what do I owe him? can I ever live up to what he wants of me???"

At least you are asking questions. To blindly accept others' assertions of the existence of god will only keep you trapped in assertion, speculation, and belief. It takes courage to actually investigate these matters for yourself. So, congratulations on that count.

Perhaps even more fundamental to your peace of mind is to question the existence of the "me" you take yourself to be. We each have ideas of who this "me" is, but when an honest inquiry is made to one's individual existence an interesting thing happens - no "me" can be found. All that will be found are ideas of who you THINK you are (which is often called ego), which is just a phantom without real substance. However, without resorting to mind/thought at all, there is a sense of existence; no mind is needed to "KNOW" that you are. This "knowingness" of existence is fundamental to everything else, for this "knowingness" is what you actually are. Everything that arises is illuminated by this knowingness, for without it nothing could possibly be known, seen, heard, touched, and so on. Another name for this knowingness is awareness, and AWARENESS is what you really are.

Once you can realize this directly, then ideas about placating/pleasing some sort of "god" become meaningless because it becomes obvious that all such ideas are functions of the mind, and mind is just another arising within awareness/You. Then all of the "tension" which is created by the mind and believed in by the ego dissolves. What's left is simple, pure, open awareness/You, the nature of which is peace.

To accept this as true is not enough, because then it just becomes just another belief. What's necessary is to actually and sincerely look for yourself and SEE the truth of this. Nothing will actually change when this is seen, but everything will be different.

poppers

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Hi Tez.

My heart goes out to you. The pain and the disappointments, the heartbreaks you endured over the years were noticed by our God; He will give you a better outcome eventually.

To be acceptable to God, we do not need to subject ourselves to the dictates of the JW religion. Jesus encouraged us to go to Him. I know what you imply when you state: “spent years being made to feel guilty”. Our God and our Lord Jesus are not hard task masters, they are not after performance rather they want our heart. Do not torment yourself thinking that you have failed God because you could not live up to the unscriptural requirements imposed by the GB, who have mislead millions of people by imposing regulations which are unscriptural. They will have to answer for their actions. Gal. 1:8, 9.

My wife and I, (she also left the organization with me,) feel that is imperative to read the Bible regularly, particularly the New Testament, it helps us develop a receptive heart toward God’s Word and fosters contentment and happiness. In the Scriptures there are no heavy burdens or loads put on us we cannot carry, difficult they may be at times. To have our Lord’s approval we need to go to Him and not to an organization as taught erroneously by the JWs establishment and the self appointed “slave”. Our God has planted perpetuity in our hearts; he will not disappoint us but bless us with eternal life. Our Lord Jesus is kind, sympathetic shepherd; he bought us with the ultimate prize, and will not reject us because of our failings. .

May I suggest you read “What’s So Amazing About Grace?” by Philip Yancey. It may help you obtain a different perspective about God’s love for us imperfect, sinful and often troubled humans. He points out that:

“There is nothing we can do to make God love us more. There is nothing we can do to make God love us less.” It may raise your spirits.

Best wishes.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit