The story of my life (part 10- transition #1)

by onacruse 15 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Yah right , wait on jehovah ,LOL . You would think he could get it right after 50yrs. I think it'd be more like waiting for those in charge to pull their head out their a$$ . I think they deliberately force their lies on people for occultic reasons .

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

btt

• crazycate
    crazycate

jgnat: Thank you. cc

• onacruse
    onacruse

And I add my welcome to you as well, crazycate.

If you feel like it, would you describe the "anti-WTS" conversations you were having with others at this time?

Much along the lines of what I mentioned above: disappointment, a sense of betrayal, a feeling that the "leadership" of the WTS was deliberately obfuscating the facts, denying that they had anything to do with what "didn't happen."

The group I was involved with was very protective: we were almost virtually sworn to secrecy, fearing that one of us would inform the elders that we were having such discussions. And trust me--none of us wanted to be in front of a committee.

After all, we were just discussing our feelings, right? We were all still attending the meetings, right? We were still going out in service, right? Many of us were even still appointed servants, right?

There was no reason, that any of us in that group could see at that time, to be publicly outted and disfellowshipped. Actually, we hoped from our deepest hearts that the WTS would finally "see the light" and be honest with us, their humble followers, about their screw-up.

That's all we wanted; that "they" would just listen, and explain it all to us, and maybe, just maybe, even make just a very simple apology.

Twas not to be.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Simon, my friend:

I have been out only a few years now but I'm still testing some long held beliefs, looking over both shoulders now and then wondering if the big hammer I feared is coming down. Deprogramming is a slow process.

Don't worry - the anxiety of leaving the thought that it may possible have been "da troof" dies right down.

I must challenge you on this. Does it really "die right down?" In my experience, it certainly didn't, not but for another 20 years of "punctuated evolution" and the associated pain. Call me a very slow learner, if you will..and I certainly couldn't, nor wouldn't, deny it!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

"Geez, you finally 'saw the light,' and yet you not only didn't leave the WTS, but you stayed on as a servant of them????" What a hypocrite!!
    That's a charge against which I can offer no

Sho-it - me again - except in my case I was appointed an elder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit