Who is Barbara Anderson?

by Gill 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gill
    Gill

You all seem to know who Barbara Anderson is, so I'm afraid I'm going to show my ignorance apart from that she is a lady who went to the Bethel in Brooklyn and writes some on the freeminds org. Can anyone tell me more?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

She was featured on Dateline, in their special on child abuse among Jehovah's Witnesses. She was disfellowshipped just prior to its airing and her disfellowshipped statsu was communicated to every congregation in the US. It was a very haphazzard attempt to keep the R&F from seeing that program. It didn't work, for the most part.

She is now suing the WTBTS for civil torts, and has a very compelling case.

She is an experienced researcher and a very nice person to talk with.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

i was wondering the same thing

I read some of her experiences on the freeminds site and was intrigued that she has been in/on front cover of Wt and awake etc....i havent got a wt cd so was wondering if someone could point me in a right direction???

This kind of stuff fascinates me....

• Mulan
    Mulan

She's really smart too, and lots of fun. She and her husband have been camping with us twice, and they spent the night at our home over Memorial Day this year. Great people! Rock solid!

Her mom is old-country Polish, and just a lovely, lovely woman. I love her dearly.

• vitty
    vitty

Mulan, Whats it like to know someone famous, well among us lot anyway.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Mulan, Whats it like to know someone famous, well among us lot anyway.

She's just a regular person. I really enjoy her, and so does Dave. She is a great conversationalist and knows lots of good stuff too.

• sf
    sf
    Whats it like to know someone famous

Simply, it is a beautiful thing:

Love, sKally

• blondie
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic

She and hubby Joe are what you would call good people most excellent people!

She and her husband have been camping with us twice,

I met them on this camping trip with Marilyn, one of the highlights of the trip, that and meeting AlanF for the first time.

Hey Marilyn we've got to do that again soon!

• onacruse
    onacruse

She's an example of what a person can do, given the difficult choice between loyalty to a life-long involvement with some organization (be it religious or otherwise), or being true one's own self.

If for that alone, I will always, always, respect her.

Sincerely,

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit