Did the calling of the Anointed REALLY end in 1935?

by truthseeker 5 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

posted from E-watchman

definitely food for thought....

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176

We knew of the two new GB members 4 weeks ago. Also, you are right, the "old idea" as you put it is getting an overhaul! There are around 50 anointed brothers in Brooklyn Bethel who the GB consult with and some of these are under 55 years of age . . . as well as . . . humm . . .shall I be so bold to say it . . . . who a few have not been partaking for 15 years or longer! Did you notice the revised "Worship" book completely took out the chapter on the 144,000 and the heavenly calling? Did you also compare the two books and notice that all the references to 1935 having been the year that the heavenly calling ended was also taken out??? And . . . there is another little goodie in the new Worship book . . but . . I will have to share that with you

In the United in Worship of the Only True God, page 83, there is a question for meditation that reads: "The gathering of the final members of what group was given prompt attention after Christ was enthroned?" The supporting scriptures were Matthew 24:31 and Revelation 7:1-4.

Now, in the Worship the Only True God, page 98, the question for meditation reads: "The gathering of the remaining members of what group is being given attention since Christ was enthroned?" The supporting scriptures are Revelation 14:1-3.

Compare the two questions and you will see the revised thinking, based upon the scripture and actual facts, that the anointed Slave and its Governing Body have gone through. The question as it stands in the United book reflects the thinking that the gathering of the anointed was in the past before 1983 when the book was written; the verb tense is past perfect ("was given"). However, the question as it stands in our new Worship book is in the present - imperfect verb tense ("is being given"). This means that the gathering work of the anointed is still going on and has not been completed as of yet. Discussions that I also have had with some of the Governing Body members reflect that their thinking has changed - so some degree - on this issue. But, as they humbly acknowledged, "Jehovah put Jesus as Head of the Congregation, not any of us. So, our reasoning upon the scriptures is always going to have to be progressive to stay inline with His and His direction of matters." I believe all of the anointed see it the same way.

*This was passed on to me I am not the author.

The only thought I wish to make is that what constitutes new or old truths.

To me it reminds me of limping on two opinions a very dangerious thing to do scripturally.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They have to revise the thinking - otherwise how can they explain that the same number of partakers now [roughly] as 15-20 years back? These folks have an unbelievable lifespan if they were 'annointed' prior to 1935. They just never die off do they?

Think about it - how many people do you know personally who were even born before 1935? How many old enough for Christ to select for one of the most important jobs in the universe? I doubt he selected many 13 or 14 year olds did he?

The whole thing is just too embarrassing now for the GB - just like 1874, 1925, ect.

Problem is that God just doesn't know he is supposed to be using this Brooklyn Book Club as his people. Hope somebody tells him soon, before the whole thing just goes away.

Jeff

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

AK-Jeff, I suspect this doctine may be just as embarassing as their failed Generation 1914 doctrine.

The Watchtower doctrine and existence is permanently tied to chronology.

It is CHRONOLOGY that will be the Watchtower's undoing.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I think they are untying themselves from chronology as we speak, truthseeker. How many Witnesses have really understood the full implications of the foibles recorded in the Proclaimers book? How many could explain what the purpose for Beth-Sarim was? The significance of 1925, 1874, 1878?

The 1914 year is the only one left. Few Witnesses can even explain what Daniel 4 is supposed to be prophesying without reading it to someone from a book, and I don't mean the Bible. Fewer still can begin to explain why Luke 21:24 should apply to Daniel chapter 4.

Now there is no need for the anointing to stop, ever. The 144,000 becomes a figurative number but still a separate class from the deeply ingrained but completely baseless "other sheep" class. Thirty years later we read that the understanding that 144,000 was a literal number is due to shortsightedness and "a misunderstanding of the eventual outworking of Jehovah's grand purposes for the earth, soon to come. Aren't we grateful that Jehovah's organization is refined over time? In this way we can unitedly be brought closer to a full understanding of Jehovah's wonderful will and purposes."

Blech!

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If all the Anointed die out it will cause not end of problem to Watchtower doctrine. The F&D slave must be composed of the anointed. The Great Crowd must can only show their allegiance to Jesus by how the treat 'even one of these little ones'. As this system continues to drag on either people will have to continue being anointed, or there will need to be another significant re-write of doctrine.

• Gill
    Gill

Wouldn't it be fun to ask a JW who came to your door to prove that the 'calling' ended in 1935, from the Bible, ONLY. And then, to ask them to prove, from the Bible, ONLY that Christ came in 1919 and inspected all religions and found only the Bible Students worthy.

God! The fun you could have with the average JW! Why don't they ever call here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit