QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSEWRING! STOP BY AND TACKLE ONE TODAY!

by stillAwitness 5 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

1. Why is the society so against the Trinity doctrine? Does it conflict with one of their other teachings?

2. Could there be really a Paradise? And if not, then explain Rev. 21: 3,4

3. Up until this point, has there ever been an african -american or any other ethnic member part of the Governing Body?

4. I do not regulary give my time. Does that mean I am offically inactive? (I may turn it in every 3 months)

5. Why can you get D'F for smoking and but not get D'F for marrying a 'non-believer.' "Marrying only in the lord" according to the NWT is specifically stated and yet where do you hear about lighting a marboro? I just don't get it.

6. A recent article now identifies any intimacy as fornication. So should we assume that oral sex or anything else is grounds for D'F

7. How unhappy do you think witness marriages are? I see couples at the meeting and they just look so...stiff. Like they haven't had sex in years. Its weird

8. Why is it so much harder to get into Bethel now than years ago? I heard they only want people with specific skills now.

9. How much allowance do Bethelites get? Is it true they get free health insurance etc. but there are clinics and dentists right inside the building? Can you actually meet the Governing Body?

10. Quick story: Since I was younger I've always wanted to be a writer. Told my mom this at 9 and she insisted that any profession I choose should be to benefit the organization. So I said 'o.k I will help with the writing of the watchtower and awake. ' She got realy quiet and tried to explain that only those directed by Jehovah could write for the publication. I said well who are they. She said the governing body. I said well what are their names. "oh its not important. I said of course it is. I always want to know the name of the author of the book I am reading. Right? She ignored me and told me to go clean my room. So exactly how are the wt awake/ articles written? These old guys must get help. I mean there pretty old right?

11. What kind of seasoning do you recommend for a fettuchine aldfredo dish? Mine needs some zing!

Just some questions that have been on my mind. Some ansewrs would be great.

• defd
    defd

Why is the society so against the Trinity doctrine? Does it conflict with one of their other teachings?

Because it is a dishonoring false doctrine.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    . How unhappy do you think witness marriages are? I see couples at the meeting and they just look so...stiff. Like they haven't had sex in years. Its weird

That was probably me and my ex.

I do not regulary give my time. Does that mean I am offically inactive? (I may turn it in every 3 months)

That would make you irregular. Six months of no reporting would give you an inactive status.

W

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    1. Why is the society so against the Trinity doctrine? Does it conflict with one of their other teachings?

Yes. They also deny the Deity of Christ, which is a related teaching. Although denying the Trinity does not in itself reject the Deity of Christ, the Arian christology of the WTS requires a rejection of both. More importantly, by relegating Christ to a subordinate, secondary role, the Society is able to emphasize "Jehovah" and OT ideas associated with "Jehovah" over those of Christ. And by arbitrarily replacing kurios "Lord" in the NT with "Jehovah" the Society is able to take scriptures referring to Jesus and apply them to Jehovah, further demoting Christ.

2. Could there be really a Paradise? And if not, then explain Rev. 21: 3,4

As I've discussed in earlier threads, the "Paradise" of the NT is the "Garden of Eden" of the OT (the personal abode of God), believed in the first century to have been preserved in heaven (Jews did not believe that God would destroy his own garden when he sent the Flood to destroy wickedness; if God had cherubim guards at its entrances to prevent people from entering it, he must have still had some purpose for it). Early Christians and Jews believed that the souls of the righteous dead were taken to Paradise upon death, to await their resurrection. Paul claimed to have a vision in which he (referring to himself in the third person) was taken up either bodily or apart from his body (i.e. his soul) to visit this Paradise in third heaven. Abraham, Moses, Enoch, and even Adam and Eve were thought to have been taken to Paradise upon their death. Jesus promised the repentent thief on the cross that he would join him in Paradise. There is a Jewish story about three first-century rabbis who were taken up to Paradise in a vision (like that of Paul), one came back dead, the other deranged, and the other became a major founder of rabbinical Judaism. Some Jews and Christians also believed that Paradise would not forever stay in the heavens but at the end of time would be restored on the earth, bringing back the original situation in which God's abode would again be on the earth.

3. Up until this point, has there ever been an african -american or any other ethnic member part of the Governing Body?

There is a grand total of one (and only in recent years), Samuel Herd.

4. I do not regulary give my time. Does that mean I am offically inactive? (I may turn it in every 3 months)

If it's every 3 months, I think you are irregular.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Mostly so they can condemn the rest of Christendom as pagan, and to prevent their followers from having any alternative.

Yes. Samuel Herd is African-American. Gerritt Losch is German. They are all men, however, which might explain the glaring lack of domestic comforts (like baby rooms) at the Kingdom Halls. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/97270/1.ashx

5. Why can you get D'F for smoking and but not get D'F for marrying a 'non-believer.' "Marrying only in the lord" according to the NWT is specifically stated and yet where do you hear about lighting a marboro? I just don't get it.

Do their rules have to make sense?

6. A recent article now identifies any intimacy as fornication. So should we assume that oral sex or anything else is grounds for D'F

I assume they mean intimacy outside marriage. I'd think that doing the "Clinton and what's-her-name" would be dishonoring of the marriage vow.

8. Why is it so much harder to get into Bethel now than years ago? I heard they only want people with specific skills now.

Machines replace manpower. Machines are cheaper to maintain than people. Normal corporate downsizing.

10. Quick story: Since I was younger I've always wanted to be a writer. Told my mom this at 9 and she insisted that any profession I choose should be to benefit the organization. So I said 'o.k I will help with the writing of the watchtower and awake. ' She got realy quiet and tried to explain that only those directed by Jehovah could write for the publication. I said well who are they. She said the governing body. I said well what are their names. "oh its not important. I said of course it is. I always want to know the name of the author of the book I am reading. Right? She ignored me and told me to go clean my room. So exactly how are the wt awake/ articles written? These old guys must get help. I mean there pretty old right?

Sure, there's a writing department and the GB "reviews" prior to publication. But you wouldn't want to learn how to write from those guys, do you? Take a local creative writing class. I promise you it will be much more rewarding. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/99950/1.ashx

11. What kind of seasoning do you recommend for a fettuchine aldfredo dish? Mine needs some zing!

1/4 teaspoon curry. Chopped fresh Italian Parsley.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    What kind of seasoning do you recommend for a fettuchine aldfredo dish? Mine needs some zing!

Finally a question I can answer. My supersecret trick in making almost every dish is to put a tiny amount of hot pepper in it. You can't taste it outright but it gives it a bit more zing. For alfredo I grind red pepper flakes into powder and add a small pinch to the melted butter. The thing you might check is your cheese. If you're using the powdery bland supermarket variety of parmesan, that's probably why it's bland. Try buying a block of good quality parmesan and grating it right before using. It has lots more taste. As was said before, a light sprinkling of fresh parsley helps as well.

That would make you irregular.

Nothing a little laxative won't cure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit