Outnfree, I hope you get well soon.

by Robdar 11 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

Brenda-

Was off the network yesterday, but there with you in spirit. May you have a wonderful weekend.

peace and blessings

Robyn-

You have a wonderful weekend too!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks again, Robyn! (and Robyn's parents!)

How my week has been: Very stressful. Am having problems with my ex- and his interaction with our son, and having problems with our son myself. Number 1 daughter is having health problems of her own -- she's 21 and moved back home to be with me during chemo treatments. (Lena is fine, thank you.)

As far as physically, I have been quie fatigued. My blood counts last week were down, but had climbed up a teeny bit by this past Tuesday, so I wasn't given a fourth neupogen shot. However, they were down again to about last weeks levels yesterday. The levels were not low enough to preclude my having my scheduled treatment, but I am realizing that the Adriamycin is much more intense than the Taxotere. BUT, I am now 6/12 of the way through the BIG chemo drug treatments, although I will have a full year of Herceptin beginning from late December.

Thanks to Kate (and Craig) for the LiveStrong package which I got in the mail this week. The scarf I had done Relay for Life over the weekend, and then your package came a day or two later. It was nice to know you suceeded in your plans to run the 5K! As October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I bought myself some pink ribbon socks yesterday. Now I feel like quite the Cancer philanthropist -- American Cancer Society, LiveStrong Foundation, Susan B. Komen Foundation! And thanks to Ray for the lovely card!

I had to cram in a Reiki treatment on the eve of Thursday's chemo, but it was sooooooo nice! I was reading how Ian opted for a healer on Tuesday, and that he actually vomited actually. It's amazing what one sometimes feels. I've cried several times, felt things sort of 'knitting together', and had smells come to me. On Wednesday night, I felt a hand on my shoulder and then sort of zinging to my port area. I had forgotten to tell my Reiki practicioner that my port had been bothering me. Her hands were on my knees, feet and other arm when I was feeling this. Also, after her hands left my stomach area, I felt energy continuing to work on my stomach. It was a rumbling kind of thing. So you never know. (Thanks to Brenda for working on me Wednesday AND Thursday nights!) Wednesday night I felt quite at peace on my return home.

Today, I am a bit queasy. I was told I could take a small steroid dose along with the Emend, but the after effects of that have only lasted about 4 hours. So I know the nausea will be a problem again, as it was the last time.

Meanwhile, I have to head off to school. I have class in about 40 mins.

Thanks and blessings and love to all who continue to show me support and myriad kindnesses!

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit