Invent a word or re-define one here

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ascared

On this site, you can give your own definition to any word, or even create a new word and give it a meaning.

Let us know what you added

• Legolas
    Legolas

Well I didn't go to your link but here on the island when the roads are wet or snow covered we say ..."It is slippy out!"

Now when people from away hear us they usually LTAO at us but it is a normal word here for us!

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Prendal.

For your gear shifter marker. It tells what gear you are in. The letters are P-R-N-D-L (Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, Low)

The needle on my prendal broke.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

plip

To empty standing water that has collected in any hollow objects, such as things left outdoors in the rain or clean dishes in a dishwasher. Possibly compound onomatopoeia, combining flip and plash

"Dude, if you don't plip that garbage can lid, we're gonna have mosquitoes breeding out there."

"The dishwasher has stopped. Go and plip the dishes."

gently feral

• DocBob
    DocBob

"Happifyingly" ... oooppps, that one's already done ;-)

• vitty
    vitty

Resplendant, oh no thas been done too !

Legolas, where do you live. I wouldnt say that was an unusual saying, I say it myself

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

consensation (combined form, condensation and sensation; consensus and sensation)

n. 1. the tendency of particular humans to form a collective solid of greater weight when exposed to an unusual and noteworthy occurence. (e.g. As the playground fight ensued, the consensation of the children formed an impenetrable wall.) 2. the propensity of majority view to coalesce into a veritable solid at a rate proportionally increasing or decreasing relative to the notoriety of the issue considered. (e.g. as smoking lost popular support and anti-smoking became vogue, the scientific consensation shifted to promote the opposite conclusions to those it formerly held.)

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Legolas, where do you live. I wouldnt say that was an unusual saying, I say it myself

We live on Prince Edward Island, Canada.

We are usually laughed at when people from away hear us say it. We should be saying 'It is slippery out.' not slippy...LOL

• Mulan
    Mulan

We have lots of words in our family that mean nothing to nearly anyone but us.

Veebelfetzer............a thingy

whiz gidget.............a thingy

latona............a terrible illness (this came from a street name in Seattle)

refrigalator.............refrigerator

Be baw..............banana

lates and berts............french fries and ketchup (our 41 year old son called them that when he was 2, and it stuck in the family)

hectadoctor................helicopter (same reason as above)

• Plummet
    Plummet

1.. Arbitrator: A cook that leaves Arby's to work at McDonald's.
    2.. Avoidable: What a bullfighter tries to do.
    3.. Bernadette: The act of torching a mortgage,
    4.. Burglarize: What a crook sees with,
    5.. Control: A short, ugly inmate.
    6.. Counterfeiters: Workers who put together kitchen cabinets.
    7.. Eclipse: What an English barber does for a living.
    8.. Eyedropper: A clumsy ophthalmologist.
    9.. Heroes: What a guy in a boat does.
    10.. Left Bank: What the robber did when his bag was full of loot.
    11.. Misty: How golfers create divots.
    12.. Paradox: Two physicians
    13.. Parasites: What you see from the top of the Eiffel Tower
    14.. Pharmacist: A helper on the farm.
    15.. Polarize: What penguins see with.
    16.. Primate: Removing your spouse from in front of the TV.
    17.. Relief: What trees do in the spring.
    18.. Rubberneck: What you do to relax your wife.
    19.. Seamstress: Describes 250 pounds in a size 6.
    20.. Selfish: What the owner of a seafood store does.
    21.. Sudafed: Brought litigation against a government official.
    22.. Subdued ... like a guy, who like works on one of those, like, submarines, man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit