The Dangers and Morality of Science

by Big Dog 43 Replies latest social current

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Terry,

Thanks for the link, very, very cool, I am saving that one!

BD

• Terry
    Terry

Terry,

Thanks for the link, very, very cool, I am saving that one!

BD

Arf! Arf!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

SNG,

Thanks for the reply.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I ask this stuff because I seriously think about it and wonder what other people think, not as a launching pad for me to advance any set of beliefs.

• doogie
    doogie
    Just in case anyone is wondering, I ask this stuff because I seriously think about it and wonder what other people think, not as a launching pad for me to advance any set of beliefs.

that's why your science threads are among the most interesting and civil on this board.

(i think thats enough buttkissing for me today )

• heathen
    heathen

Yep we just have to watch out for those evil scientists and headless clones that want to take over the verld . LOL Actually I don't think it would be a bad thing if science accidently knocked off about a third of the worlds population anyway as the planet is getting a bit over crowded .......

• Big Dog
    Big Dog
    we just have to watch out for those evil scientists and headless clones that want to take over the verld

LOL, isn't that the truth. I mean its always those mad genius types plotting to take over the world. Tetra is probably down in his basement mixing up a vat of clone warriors to do his bidding.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Tetra is probably down in his basement mixing up a vat of clone warriors to do his bidding.

huh? did someone say my name? {looks up from 13 node linux cluster used to sequence the e.coli genome he orders every month from MIT}

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Damn, the darkside beckons. *****Big Dog walks off muttering and scratching his head thinking of his next thread vis a' vis science*****

• Caedes
    Caedes

I got my finger trapped in a machine at university once. Does that count? It was sore for days!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cady, excellent comments!

Humans have always created tools. A sharp rock can be used to cut meat or to kill a rival. The problems are not the result of the tool but how the individual behind it is motivated. As far the question of the mind and heart, and the turning of such towards hatred, religion has done a great job in that area. For that reason, I see religion as a much greater threat than science and the tools it creates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit