Books you studied before becoming a JW

by littlerockguy 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

What book or books did you study to become a JW? Back in the mid 80s I studied 2 books, The Live Forever book and the United In Worship of the Only True God book, which took quite a bit of time to get through both of them. Now I guess they dont spend as much time with studies?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I studied the Live forever™ and United in Worship™ books. The second book too so long, and we eventually stopped the study. It was kind of silly to keep studying when I was already pioneering™. Besides, it interfered with me getting my time™.

W

• blondie
    blondie

They were studying the blue Truth book when I got baptized but since my mother never studied with us and neither did anyone else, I just had to answer a few questions with a larger group of prospective "baptism candidates". I have known a few people who were baptized that never studied any book, merely crammed for the questions in the OM book. I know of people who socialized with the elders rather than going through the questions because the elders "knew" they were JW material.

Blondie

• inquirer
    inquirer

I was obviously too young to read the "paradise book," but that was the book my mum read. It's very thorough to read.
    When I CAME in, it was the Knowledge book, the book where they tone things down too much.
    You might hate me, but I actually like those books. I thought all the important points were covered... What I didn't like was the PERSON I had to study with. :( It's kinda hard to open that book now, because of him. :( I can open up the paradise book and not feel bad like my mum.... But it doesn't matter really. I know so much about the Bible, the book just shows what I already know.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Live Forever

I still remember the cheesy disco pictures.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

The United In Worship book actually covered quite a bit and I remember back then we actually went through that book at the book study at least twice when I was in the organization. You ideally were supposed to be baptized by the time you got into that book after the live forever book and the person you were studying with still could count that as time even after you were baptized but other people in the congregation could not count time "witnessing" to you.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Does anyone here remember the book " Things in which it is imposible for God to lie"? It had a green cover/

• zagor
    zagor

I remember the name of one it was called "Truth that leads to everlasting life" then there was an older book that dealt with it if bible is really the word of god and old book about evolution and creation (not the latest one). That last one was a tipping point for me really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit