Character flaw

by ocsrf 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Being that we for the most part agree that Jehovah does not really appoint elders and ms, can we also conclude that Jehovah does not have a hand in annointing the FDS. If this is true what would be the character flaw of these men especially the new ones who are only in their early fifties? If someone studies phys. in college, could you weigh in on this question?

Thanks,

OC

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

OC,

To start with, if you are talking about the Governing Body you have fallen for a psychological trick they play. They weave the two together so seamlessly that they get others talking about the GB and FDS as if they are one and the same.

Secondly, if you are talking about the new additions to the GB, the character flaw in colloquial terms would be "brown-nosing," bootlicking, authority whoring, because the FDS does not vote on members of the Governing Body. The Governing Body appoints new members. Of course, they would say the Holy Spirit does the appointing, but I haven't seen them pull out the Urim and Thummim at such times.

There is no Scriptural basis at all for the JW teaching that the FDS is a class of people. Without that central support, the GB folds by itself without even a push. There is no basis for their claim to authority in any respect. They stand between God and men in much the same way the Pharisees and Sadducees did.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Old soul,

Yes you are right, I should of referenced it as GB.

My question is, what character flaw do these type of people have in common. If they were in deed picked by the hand of God you would figure that they would still be imperfect but with different character flaws. Being that they are not really picked but basically, self annointed themselves, than, to me, this means they all must have one kind of character flaw that is found in all them.

OC

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Massive ego ?

• garybuss
    garybuss

They are greedy, omnipotent, narcissistic, egocentric bigots with delusions of grandeur, and paranoia.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Those of the so-called annointed which I was personally aquainted with (note, this is before the replacement theory) were very kind, gentle, and unassuming individuals. Not unlike any other truely devoted religeous person, not unlike a couple of the Catholic Nuns I know or Orthodox Priests I have met. Certainly, not all nuns and priests, or for that matter pastors etc have proven themselves to be of 'good' character. But the annointed were very devoted kind and gentle in my congregation. They were also very old in age. Now, of the couple I was familiar with who were of the, shall I say, replacement class, were insecure, needy and clearly looking for some form of acceptance, they had a need to belong, be recognized, and to have 'some say', if you will. So, need I say? I never did accept the replacement theory. What a bunch of BUNK! The early ones (those who were elderly before, say 1975) were simply sensitve, kind individuals who got sucked in by the rutherford, russel s$%t!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I would imagine that the 40 and 50 somethings that are in high positions in the borg are just your standard company men: they say yes to the big dogs, they know how to organize and direct things, they're politically savvy, they have an air of authority about them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit