WHAT DO I DO?

by betty boop 16 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

The point is i am not sure how to respond to her because how is it that the Bible stated these things??

simply because the bible was written by men who were INSPIRED by God. The bible was written by men with the guidence of the holy spirit. That is why there are things in there that is impossible for men to know without God telling them.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    simply because the bible was written by men who were INSPIRED by God. The bible was written by men with the guidence of the holy spirit. That is why there are things in there that is impossible for men to know without God telling them.

A lot of people make such claims about the Bible. These claims are entirely without substance. There is nothing in the Bible that requires a supernatural explanation. There are no unambiguously fulfilled prophecies which were written before the fact. There are no scientific truths that could not have been known by people living at that time. There are no verifiable miracles. In short, there is no reason to believe that God or any other nonhuman entity had any part in writing the Bible.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    simply because the bible was written by men who were INSPIRED by God.

What proof is there of that?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    simply because the bible was written by men who were INSPIRED by God.
    What proof is there of that?

You mean you don't know??? The bible is inspired because the bible says so - just like I'm HOT because I say so. Silly! W

• Soledad
    Soledad

*smacks forehead* Well of course! That's it!

Thank you Finally Free for showing me the light! *I'm not worthy!*

LOL!

• thom
    thom

---"The bible is inspired because the bible says so"---
    Yes, I always cringed when I'd hear that or be on a study and the guy conducting would read "All scripture is inspired of god and beneficial...". It was proof!

• betty boop
    betty boop

Defd i thought u were cool cuz u agreed with me about loving Taco Bell man!

Why are you on here if you clearly believe the exact opposite of what most on here do- the JW's ARE NOT the truth and a lot of things concerning god and the bible is questionable. Get over it!!! You make me feel like my family who i was having these conversations with and all they answer "i know this is the truth" why? "cuz we follow the bible" and its a circle that never ends. Look outside the box!!

As for the rest of you thank you very much this helped!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit