How many mistresses can a JW elder have?

by Gill 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Since finding out more about the WTBTS over the last year, it has come as no surprise to me anymore that the deceptive actions of the mother (WTBTS) are seen in some of her children. The need for double thinking, self deluding beliefs and sneaky, twisted belief and thought patterns that I have noticed over the years in so many JWs suddenly makes sense and is no longer scandalising or suprising.

So when I was told of the behaviour of a 'fine, upstanding, pillar of the community, brother' I simply shrugged. However, the results of his behaviour are not something to simply shrug your shoulders over.

It turned out for the last thirty years of his being married he has conducted affairs with another two 'sisters' in the congregation. Both of these affairs spanned the whole 30 years. One of the women he was having an affair with actually lived with him and his wife. He was caught with his hand in the contributions box in the 1980's and removed from his positions. He was an elder and returned eventually to being an elder. He was always giving talks at assemblys about pioneering and you'd think 'butter wouldn't melt in his mouth', though I and my husband always thought he was a right smarmy git!

Anyway, he finally ran off with one of his ladies, leaving his wife and other mistress.

The mistress left behind, confessed to the elders. She was disfellowshiped. Even though she had a history of deep depression and attempted suicides, the elders insturcted her parents that they could not talk to her more than once a week.

She killed herself.

The smarmy git and his other lady, disassociated themselves, avoiding the problems of disfellowshiping.

The wife is alone with her child.

This was a man who Jehovah was supposed to have appointed. A star of the congregation. (Yeah, my Ass!)

How do they continue to make such crackpot claims and yet twist the whole thing around when the person is uncovered for the bad person they really are. Was Jehovah not looking at the time? Or could it be that Jehovah DOES NOT control the WTBTS and its people? I think the latter.

The death of this woman is a dreadful tragedy for her family, who loved her and yet obeyed the evil instructions of the WTBTS.

This man, when confronted with the fact that some people suspected he was up to no good, had the cheek to gather his accusers together and totally strip them down, claiming lies and slander against him.

By their works you will know them.

I know, just a few good JWs. As for the rest.....I think their strange behaviours, come from their mother....the WTBTS.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats awful, but sadly not a unique story. i personally know of elders who have behaved similarly.

a girl i grew up with, married an elder, married probably 12 -15 yrs, found out he'd been sleeping with a girl since she was 14, when she turned 18 he dumped the wife, ran off with the girl, got df'd , married the girl and now is reinstated with his new young wife at his side while his ex wife has to go to meetings at the same hall and see their happy lil family .

many witness men elders, ministerial servants, brothers, dump their wives, get them a younger one, get df'd a while then get reinstated and advance back up into positions, like the first wife never exsisted.

yup, i see gods blessing and approval on all that..dont you? (sarcasm)

• under74
    under74

mmmm....ya, no surprise but still disgusting. I knew an elder that molested all 4 of his daughters and his wife got DFd when she complained to other elders after her elder husband lied and said that she was sleeping around AND that their daughters were lying....I know by the weirdness going on anytime that I was over at their house that it was a lie. I stayed the night once and after that I never visited their house again...I was that freaked out at 10 years old. I can say that the mother should have know...especially if I at 10 (who didn't spend that much time with them)knew something was wrong...BUT still she eventually came to partial senses and tried to stop it but got DFd in the process.

Hope I'm not too far off topic. I've known elders who've had affairs and got away with it including my grandfather ...the incident above was just what popped into my head after reading your post.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Candidlynuts, Under74!

I think, I don't know about you, but it seems the sheer scale of the amount of 'this sort of thing' going on, in an organization that claims God actually appoints them and their elders, MS etc is what is really gob smackingly shocking. It, to me, proves once and for all, there is no God running the WTBTS, infact, he may be running away from them!

• under74
    under74
    It, to me, proves once and for all, there is no God running the WTBTS, infact, he may be running away from them!

No doubt! My feeling was from the time I found out my grandfather had turned in my grandmother for smoking (although he was having an affair) that the loving god the WTS talked about would not have done that. A loving god also wouldn't permit a guy to call all his daughters liars after he raped them and then have more than one congregation shun them in the aftermath....a loving god also wouldn't appoint men to tell my paternal grandmother to stop taking her medication for dementia which caused her to commit suicide because she thought she was demonized for hearing voices. I may not now believe in god but if there is one I'd assume it to be full of love and horrified by the WTS and those like it.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I can hear the explanation now: "Sometimes Jehovah allows thing to remain concealed for a time to let people reveal where their heart is. Sister Mistresstwo obviously didn't have a good heart. When she was disfellowhipped, to avoid Godly discipline and correction she killed herself. Brother Iamaslutt and Sister Mistressone clearly didn't have good hearts, they ran off together and Disassociated themselves to avoid Godly discipline. His ex-wife, who took her maiden name back, had a good heart. Sister Iwedaho keeps coming back for more Godly discipline. Yes, in Jehovah's due time all concealed things come to light."

30 freakin' years??!!? Yeah, mad props to whoever is supposed to be keeping the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses clean. You would have thought they could have figured the whole thing out just from the names .

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I can hear the explanation now: "Sometimes Jehovah allows thing to remain concealed for a time to let people reveal where their heart is

I laughed when I read this...as I was thinking exactly the same....its like the typical 'wait on Jehovah' rubbish they always spout when you realise most elders are complete hypocrites and powermongering idiots.

DB74

• Gill
    Gill

under74 - makes you weep for all those innocent WTBTS victims, doesn't it. Not only that, it proves they worship the misoginistic God of the Hebrew scriptures and somewhere along the line, Jesus, love, mercy and equality got lost to some distant, war god of the Israelites. I too, may not believe in a God anymore, or atleast the kind of god that religions portray, but you just know, this sort of treatment of people..disfellowshiping etc is just WRONG! I'm sad for the mistress who lost all hope...

OldSoul - I so agree with you with the kind of answer that would come out from a witnesses mouth over trying to explain how this could happen - FOR THIRTY YEARS! The time scale and sheer brass balls of the man is...wow....bloody amazing. I was showing my kids my wedding photos. This particular man was invited with his wife by my inlaws who always like to kiss the asses of the spiritually almighty in the congregation. Even my older children could see he was a smarmy git just from the photos.

There is no God of the Jehovah's Witness, I'm afraid.

Sad for my relatives and sad for all those innocents.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I did not personally know of the situation, since I moved into the city where it occurred a year or so after it all came to light;

This very prominent elder, also apparently very charismatic in his 'theocratic posture', as he was always used on D Assembly talks, ect, moved to Amarillo. He was married, but also carried on affairs with seven different sisters in the congregation, including the wife of a lesser elder in stature than he. I don't know for sure how long he got away with it - but he must have been a little oversexed or perhaps it was just a display of his power?

Eventually he was 'caught up with', and Df'd. I was told that the last request he made before he was to be DF'd was to be allowed to give the talk that he was scheduled for, on the Assembly I think. What arrogance, seeking to get that last whiff of glory before being Df'd! Of course they didn't let him.

Jeff

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I doesn't surprise me. Nothing surprises me anymore.

In 5 years we'll see if he's back to being an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit