Just had a call from a sister

by dedpoet 8 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

A couple of months ago, I posted regarding a chat with a sister in my old cong who, despite knowing I'm da'd, was still happy to talk to me. We've spoken a few times since then, both on the phone and face to face, and I have suggested to her that she might get in trouble for having anything to do with me now I've left, but she wasn't worried about it.

Well, she called me a few minutes ago with the news that its got back to the elders that she is "associating" with me depite my status, and they are not happy about it. She had a call from two of them earlier in the evening, they left just before she phoned me, and they warned her to keep away from me, or else! They demanded to know her reasons for wishing to keep in touch with the likes of me (their words), and suggested that maybe our relationship goes a little deeper than mere friendship. She is understandably very upset by that suggestion, we have never been more than friends, and never will be.

However, she said that she has no intention of breaking contact with me, no matter what the elders think, she values my friendship too much for that. I pointed out that this may lead to more and even stronger counsel for her, but she doesn't care. I know from some recent conversations that she has been questioning a few things of late, and that she has looked at the Frreminds site at work, where she has internet access, and done some research into the UN scandal in particular. I don't know how far along the road to hopefully leaving the borg she has gone, and I'm not sure if she's even thinking along those lines just yet, but her attitude to the elders counsel reminds me of me when I first started having doubts. She says she is going to phone me again tomorrow night after the meeting, and if anyone asks her about this she is going to tell them that she is going to do it. I reminded her that may not go down well with the elders and others in the kh, but she just said they can think what they like, she runs her own life, not them.

To be honest, I can barely wait for her call. I would love to see anyone break free of the lie, but especially a close friend, and would actively encourage anyone to do so. I guess I just have to be a bit cautious now though, I don't want to inadvertently push her closer to the borg by trying too hard to get her out, so I'm going to have to think very carefully about what to do and say to her from now on. Any input on this would be welcome, and of course I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

dedpoet

• defd
    defd

are disassociated or DFD?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    we have never been more than friends, and never will be.

Maybe it goes without saying, but be careful. If she does get booted, you will suddenly become her whole world. That coupled with the fact that you will have helped "save" her from the 'tower will almost surely create feelings of attraction. If you don't want that type of relationship with her, be very careful.

Not to diminish the good news that she will potentially be breaking free from the Watchtower! That of course is great news!

Good luck!

dave

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I am disassociated, sent my letter to the borg's UK HQ about 3 monthe ago, several years after last attending a meeting. I just wanted them to know I wasn't one of them anymore, so I made it official.

It was on the 13th anniversary of my baptism, just to round things off nicely

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

oops I see that the originator of this thread is a man.. my bad. retracted

• Soledad
    Soledad
    are disassociated or DFD?

Does it matter? You know full well the treatment is the same: shitty

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Thanks AA, I am aware of what might happen if she does break free, and I will be careful, but we have been friends for many years, with no suggestion of there being anything more, and we are both single, so the opportunity has, I suppose , always been there.

As you said, the important thing is to help her out of the borg, if that is or later becomes what she really wants. Lets hope that happens.

dedpoet

• Honesty
    Honesty

Sounds as if she is already becoming aware of the real Watchtower Society. I would mention the following websites and let her investigate for herself:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com

• Es
    Es

I think you have a great friend who is willing to still talk and associate with you....hold on to her

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit