Personal vendetta against you

by pratt1 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• FairMind
    FairMind

PO in my old congregation didn’t like me from the moment he moved into our congregation (have no idea why). I remember him purposely ignoring me when I’d raise my hand to answer questions at meetings. I asked him why and he said he wasn’t sure I was a brother or not. When my ex-wife and I were having problems he believed every lie she told him. Years after my divorce when I had determined that I was free (according to WT standards) to find another wife he and his cronies said I wasn’t. I brought in the CO and DO and copies of WT articles proving my position and the BOE had to reverse their decision and I thought this would settle the matter, which it did not. I left his congregation and later became engaged to a sister. When the old PO found out he called the PO in her congregation and asked him to tell her not to marry me and to call him if she needed to know why not. Fortunately for me she had seen enough of this type thing in the past to not be misled and therefore married me anyway. A lot of other things untold came down from this same PO.

The PO mentioned above later had problems in his life, like being fired from jobs several times and suffering financially. His oldest son (a pioneer and MS at 18) committed fornication with a married pioneer sister and was subsequently DF’d. This son made it very clear that he wouldn’t be coming back. I know this sounds unchristian but guess what, his misfortunes (PO’s) make me very happy.

• TheresMoreToCome
    TheresMoreToCome

I'm not sure if this elder really had anything against me, but I don't care for him too much now. When I first stopped going to meetings, elders were lined up at my door waiting to reprimand and coerce me into attending meetings once again. Somehow they found out about a night I spent at a friends, and my current boyfriend spending the night with me. They asked me if any penetration or fondling occurred; when I told them no, which was the truth, they asked me how I could be sure since I was "inebriated" that night. I told them I'd probably remember such a thing since I was relatively inexperienced at that time. He asked me one more time if such things had occurred. Then, later on during the discussion I revealed to him that I was not entirely sure God existed, and he asked me if I thought I had more "upstairs" than Einstein. I told him no, and he said none of them did; Einstein believed in God, so I should too. The truth of the matter is that while Einstein was a very respectable man, with an insane degree of intelligence, there are probably many witnesses that match his intelligence or top it. His IQ was in the genius range, but he wasn't a Steven Hawkins. Anyway, that's beside the point; (I don't actually know what point I was trying to make since I don't regard IQ as an entirely accurate measure of intelligence). Anyway, then they asked me to go upstairs, and they talked to my mother who was very upset in a disrespectful manner, which pissed me off a lot. A few weeks ago I was talking to a friend (an ex dub as well) who used to confide in this particular elder; he told me the elder had actually told him he had questioned the beliefs as well, but reasoned if he wasn't in the truth, would he be in a better place? Sometimes the hypocrisy still catches me off guard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit