Grrrr Why I hate baking

by Lehaa 4 Replies latest social humour

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I hate to bake, can never get it right.

I can cook briliantly, ask me to cook a gouret meal for 100 people and I can do it, no problems, no sweat.

But get me to bake a cake, can't do it, flop every time.

Foe example, just put 12 muffins in the oven. (My partner, Andy, was gonna do them but he hurt his back today and has been laid up on the couch all day, major pain killers. So I thought I'd do them). So i mixed up the batter, followed the directions exactly. All was fine till i filled up the muffin pans. Spilled mess all ove rthe tray underneath the pans. Grrrrr. Should have doubled up on the pans, they are the paper type. Sides fell out and the muffin mix spilled everywhere.

So I just threw them all in the oven, spilled mess and all. Oh well, some mught turn out, as long as i have a few to put in the kids lunches in the morning.

Think next time i'll leave the baking to Andy.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((Lehaa))) Sorry about the flub. Next time, I'm sure you'll do this with an experienced hand.

Frannie

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

well, they cooked, turned out rather flat, but hey taste fine, so kids will go to school with flat muffins. But hey, at least they taste ok and are home cooked.

• chrissee
    chrissee

did you use the muffin tins with the papers? or just the muffin papers??

• luna2
    luna2

I haven't baked anything in ages, but I'm thinking about making a gingerbread house this year. The thing about that is that nobody eats it so it only has to look like its good. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit