corned beef yum

by ballistic 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

From the guy who likes fine wines and fancy restaurants, I love corned beef! This particular brand reminds me of dog food and I love it. Anyone else got any quirky food likes \ dislikes?

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

I luuurve prawn cocktails with cellared fine wine, yet I usually eat bangers and mash, and wash it down with cheap beer :D

• Ellie
    Ellie

Corned beef isn't too bad if you mash it up with mashed potatoe.

One of my favourite meals is chips, fried egg, peas and bread and butter, so common I know.

• Jordan
    Jordan

I'm a student so I've been living off of Pot Noodles this last year and a half. I must say I've gotten to be quite the

connoisseur regarding them. Although I did manage to burn one once...

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Although I did manage to burn one once...

I thought cooking pot noodles was my secret! boiling water in and 60 seconds in the microwave... no waiting required! Have you tried the bombay bad boy?

P.S. Ellie, I have a problem at the mo, the more I insist to people I am common, the more posh they think I am. Weird. I have a posh phone manner but I can't help it.

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, the bombay bad boy, nearly killed me that one did. I don't think my tastebuds have worked properly since...

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Lurve corned beef.

Mind you no one does egg and bacon on the bbq like my Andy.

He's definately got it down just right, Yum. And the best thing is no greasy frypans to clean, yay.

• professor
    professor

Corned beef is great in a Reuben Sandwich.

That's two slices of rye bread, toasted. With corned beef, swiss cheese, saur kraut, and thousand island dressing (or horseradish)! Yeah boy!

• professor
    professor
    I've been living off of Pot Noodles

We don't get those here. It's all Ramen Noodles, and not all the great flavors you get in Japan. Just Chicken, Beef, etc.

• under74
    under74

I'm in the States so not sure all applies....

Do you mean like corned beef hash? With my family (and yeah we were poor) corned beef was kind of fancy so when we had it it was special. Corned beef hash was more readily available and it did smell like dog food but I liked it. I quit eating beef after the mad cow thing over here in the States....I miss corned beef and the hash.

I don't know if the stuff I like is really quirky...I just know I like it and I was brought up with it...and it's not found in restaurants....hamburger and mushroom soup gravy, grits, fried potatos and onions, goulash, taco casserole, tuna casserole, hamburger patties, macaroni and cheese out of the box, top ramen, cabbage soup, bean & bacon soup, potato soup, potato salad (my family has the best recipe), beans and rice....all I can think of right now....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit