Forgiving and Restoring....my heart is full

by jgnat 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

(((jgnat)))

I think it makes for accommodating and humble men.

Answering (being accountable) to the people who need them? I agree. And, I am so glad you have found some reinforcement for the concept of constructive confrontation.

I am also glad you have wonderful memories of Myrna.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Caedes
    Caedes
    And my son will bring himself, hopefully with the rest of his hair trimmed.
    Danny:
    I don't advise a hair cut man. All hairdressers are in the employment
    of the government. Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from
    the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the
    reason bald-headed men are uptight.

Seriously though, my best wishes to you jgnat

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am collapsing in a fit of giggles, here. Guys go by encouragement in a completely different way. Caedes, you have no idea how close you nailed it. My son is in a funk because his psychiactric nurse told him that "self hair cuts" are a sign of symptoms returning. I kind of hinted he would look better with ALL of it cut off yesterday, and he said, "You mean you don't like it? But the baseball cap covers most of it." But not all of it, I reminded him. Right now he looks worse than a coyote with a bad case of mange.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    My son is in a funk because his psychiactric nurse told him that "self hair cuts" are a sign of symptoms returning.

My dad's wife cuts her own hair and she's, well, unique shall we say.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((jgnat & family))))))))

Every time I have come to him with a problem he has handled it with forgiveness and grace, restoring rifts in my relationship with God. He helps heal people. I suspect he handles these problems so well because he was TRAINED TO. And, finally, accountability. He is hired on contract by our elected board. If he ever derailed he would be so gone. Also an occupational hazard. I think it makes for accommodating and humble men.

Wow what a concept! That's some thing I've discussed many times with Elders, of course all I got was circular reasonings.

So, to get back to the topic, my pastor and I restored a rift in our relationship, and it feels wonderful. I am crying again, but it is rich with memories of Myrna and how I hope to carry on her legacy of family, togetherness and warmth.

You truly honor Myrna's memory by doing this and it brings family together, I rather suspect you all are suffering her loss in your own ways. This can be the beginning of a lot of healing.

Thanks for sharing your story and BTW I enjoyed looking at your web page and your other family stuff from another thread, you are an amazing person and an inspiration!

Love,

Kate

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    it is rich with memories of Myrna and how I hope to carry on her legacy of family, togetherness and warmth. I made sourdough baguettes today. My daughter is bringing pie. My dad will bring a bottle of his home-made wine. And my son will bring himself, hopefully with the rest of his hair trimmed. My heart is full. Restoration is in the wind, and it feels wonderful.

(((((jgnat)))))) It sounds like you have her legacy well in hand, cher. Your heart deserves to be full, and I can see that you don't have enough fingers and toes in your whole family to count yall's blessings. Life can be wonderful, eh?

Frannie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you bikerchic and frannie. Until this weekend I hadn't realized how much Myrna is tied up with every single famly holiday, or how quickly my grief will refresh. The pastor who conducted her service reminded us all that the best way to honor her memory was to pass on her legacy.

Thank you for reminding me of that.

And everyone, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Jgnat))))))))

I loved your post. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure it was healing to you, but it's healing to us as well...knowing that reconciliation can be a part of our lives as well. The church I go to is considered a "big" church here in Texas. Several thousand FAMILIES and ou pastor is terrible with names. So Mozz and I invited him and his wife over for dinner one evening and it was wonderful! So nice to get to know him on a more personal level. So now whenever we see him in the halls of the church, he knows us personally. I know if we "slipped through the cracks" that he would be terribly sad and devastated. It feels good to know that someone is watching out for us.

Tons of love and prayers,

Andi

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks for your comments as well, Billygoat:

but it's healing to us as well...knowing that reconciliation can be a part of our lives as well.

Everything went very well. Dad and my son especially, said the meal was a great idea and they had a wonderful time. Naomi got to help me set the table, microwave the vegetables, pop the popcorn, wipe the wine glasses, and many other little chores. My daughter took one look at my spare seating (lawn chairs) and took them out on the lawn for a good scrubbing. They are pristine-white again. My son still had his raggedy hair, and had also forgotten to shower or change his shirts. So I ran through one of his shirts through the wash so I could sit beside blessed Downy fragrance. Dad sat back, a mellow patriarch, and listened to our reminisces and our problems. I ordered everyone to try AT LEAST ONE slice of my sourdough. My daughter said, "That sounds like an order" and they all laughed. My honey told jokes, some which deserved a merciful death. He spent a good part of the evening putting back everything where it belonged.

I sent my son home with the leftovers and a spare pie for the guys down at the shelter. Naomi took a bag of Nacho popcorn home, it was her favorite, and it was half-eaten by the time she got there.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

It just dawned on me that you are from Canada and therefore you have Thanksgiving at a different time.

Americans.

Have a great thanksgiving JGnat. You have so many folks here that think so much of you. You always give so much to everyone here. Thanks for letting us in on your great day.

CYP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit