Whenever it is that they are saying...............

by nicolaou 12 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"Peace and Security"

Freak a dub out - send them this link!

. http://www.un.org/peace/index.html

Nic'

. http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

Does anyone have the number to Bethel..
    I got to get a hold of my P.O.

I got a lot of fessin up to do.

• mike
    mike

8 or 9 months ago this information would have truly excited me! I really looked for 'signs' like this which proved beyond doubt that we are living at the very end of the last days.

In a way, I kind of miss that enthusiasm. The thought that the Paradise really was perhaps just months away was so exciting!

I know consider myself to be a little better informed (I hope!) but that has made me jaded too.
    Still, all in all, I guess it's better not to live in ignorance. Shame it has to be so dull in comparison though.

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state but certainty is a ridiculous one." --Voltaire

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Life is not dull Mike - think that way and the WT truly have beaten you, even if you've left!

I sympathise though. There is no doubt that we were all lead to believe that this 'Old System' was to end very, very, very soon!!!

http://communities.msn.co.uk/_Secure/0PAAA5mQUFEPBrRF8KHfqzQBFNchYV2udoTFC2iw!L6uNf8elLpaBm7ARIv*txlRU2T7dZb0NtMkRuWkbs8xLd2ERhRSTA*R8/WT1-1-89p12.jpg

[in case the picture above has not appeared, click this link... http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses/sitephotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=25]

Nic'

• bigboi
    bigboi

Wow! That would be good. Too many wicked thoughts, too mmany wicked thoughts.

ONE....

bigboi

• Francois
    Francois

Have you ever gone to sleep and slept so soundly that even though you were asleep for eight or ten hours when you woke up, it was as if you had just closed your eyes? The entire night had passed as if it were only monents long?

This exciting stuff you're all looking for in a New World may be just that close.

I really do believe that we will close our eyes in death on this planet, and regardless of how much time might pass, we will awaken in the next level of being as of the same moment insofar as our own consciousness is concerned!!

I have no real idea what that next level of being will be like, but it's gotta be better than this. I don't think, do you?, that there is some magic in natural death such that we will be converted from an animal origin being to a full-blown spirit in one swift step. It makes sense to me that there are a series of lives, each one more spiritual and less material, intervening between this life and our eventual arrival at the center of all things as a pure spirit being.

And all those lives lived across a near-infinite universe, evolving with each new life into a less material, more spiritual being until all traces of the "mark of the beast" - that of our evolutionary animal origin are forever gone.

Now that's an exciting prospect!

And it's a damn site more appealing than living forever imprisoned in an animal's body on an evolutionary world under the hegemony of Jehovah's Witnesses. I'd rather be dead.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• logical
    logical

i want to be dead too

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Don't worry logical - according to our friends at the WT we'll all be dead real soon!

Naaah!

Nic'

dnc - coming soon!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Francois

Or is it Franz wah?

This is what you wrote:

I really do believe that we will close our eyes in death on this planet, and regardless of how much time might pass, we will awaken in the next level of being as of the same moment insofar as our own consciousness is concerned!!

It's amazingly weird that you, a person that rejects the Bible (unless I'm mistaken about that), are so much in harmony with its teachings. For example, this is what I wrote only recently to a dear friend of mine. See if you don't see a similarity between yourself and Solomon's wisdom:

I thought I might share a thought with you regarding the text of Ecclesiastes 7:1. It may be a new thought to you, it may not, but this is the way it strikes me (in contrast to the way the Society generally explains it). The latter half of that text reads: "The day of death [is better] than the day of one’s being born." And so, how can that be? At first it tends to boggle the mind. But one thing for certain, it’s not saying that death is better than life … no, for it’s talking about the DAY of death as compared to the DAY of birth.

And so what is it about the DAY of our death that could possibly be perceived as being so much "BETTER" than the DAY of our birth (the day upon which we actually begin to live and breathe on our own, outside our mother’s womb)? What did Solomon truly mean to say? I think that, in order to comprehend what was meant, we must COMPARE those two day’s … what in reality happens on each of those days.

And so, first, what happens on the DAY that one is born? Of course at birth we all enter a world which falls far short of that which Jehovah originally intended for us. We enter into a world in which there is much cause for tears, outcry, and mourning. We experience pain, and finally death. (Revelation 2:4) What a sad, dreary picture! The striving for happiness doesn't make it go away. No matter how one might try to ignore the reality of it all, there it is again staring us squarely in the face.

But, in contrast, what happens on the DAY we die that actually makes THIS day a "better" day than the day we were born? Well, I personally think that when Solomon spoke those words he had in mind the idea that in death there is absolutely no consciousness. That being the case, the deceased have no awareness whatsoever of the passage of time. Therefore, when they are awakened out of death (via resurrection), to them it will seem as if they were back to life only a split-second after they closed their eyes and went to sleep. What a grand thought! So, from this perspective, oh how much better the day of death is than when we were born. Why so? Because the resurrected, as if instantaneously, are to experience an entirely different world than that which they began to struggle with on their "day of birth" amid the present system which came about as the result of the incident in Eden. Yes! How much better the day of death is. And so I think I understand what Solomon ACTUALLY meant.

You, Francois, very foolishly said:

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

You ought to be happy that they've got better things to do than reply to your foolish taunts. They would make absolute mush out of you ... and before all your friends at that.

Friday

• Flip
    Flip
    “They” (Governing Body of the WTB&TS) would make absolute mush out of you ...

Oh, pretentious one, they would if they could make a buck at it, but they can’t and there isn’t, so they won’t.

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit