What really happens to a person when they die

by Honesty 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

Our vital organs fail, and we cease to exist. Humans are nothing significant; in fact, we are a cancer to this earth.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

I haven't died yet. I'll try to get back to you on this once that happens.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The personal conviction of Danny (at this time) is that when i die i will go back to what i was before i was conceived.I DIDN'T EXIST STOP AND THINK We don't know Heaven it may really exist. Our knowledge is 'doubling' every 10 years 20 years?Think this through now...if we were 14 billion years more advanced than we are now AND each one of us immortal so that we never died and lost our knowledge database AND superhuman to begin with. Could we reanimate and resurrect somebody? Science fiction flicks have us conditioned to ETs who are more advanced than us by a couple of hundred years or so. Think about this....What if they (ET's) were advanced, not by a few centuries but by a million years? Well, if Heaven exist their 'civilization' would be BILLIONS of years more advanced, and superhuman to begin with. They could have a multi-dimensional database, and could have unlimited (omnipotent) abilities. Raising the dead would be a walk in the park for them. The only database that we have on them is 2,000 years old delivered to a simple pastoral people. The Bible wasn't written for the Harvard alumni.

• Daunt
    Daunt

The Process is always greater than the result. The result of this existence is non-existence. The process of this existence is life. I'd rather worry bout the latter.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

we all end up as atheists

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I suggest you ask Kevin Bacon or Kiefer Sutherland.

the scriptures say " To be out of the body is to be with the Lord"

2 Corinthians 5:8 doesn't say that. I know this is what Billy Graham and Pat Robertson like to say, but that isn't what the passage says.

2 Corinthians 5:8 But we are of good courage and are well pleased rather to become absent from the body and to make our home with the Lord.

That's from the NWT. Here's what the NIV says, the one Billy and Pat love: "We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord."

Here's the King James: "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. "

Bornagains constantly misstate what that passage actually says because they think they're going to heaven when they die.

Like I said in another post, we read what we want to read, see what we want to see.

I would be more than happy to accept some proof that there is life after death, I just don't have it and haven't been shown it yet.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I suggest you ask Kevin Bacon or Kiefer Sutherland.

lol. that was such a bad film.

I know of lots of people who are so desperate to beleive in an afterlife that they forget to live in the here and now.

"always to the future he looks hmmm, never his mind on where he is now" fozzie bear or somebody like that.

• Sirona
    Sirona

We continue on in spirit form and are reincarnated if we need / wish to be.

That picture of worms reminds me why I have instructed family to cremate my body!

Sirona

• Cygnus
    Cygnus
    "always to the future he looks hmmm, never his mind on where he is now" fozzie bear or somebody like that.

lol, fozzie bear. we've taken a serious thread and utterly destroyed it

• Caedes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit