Are you a TOWER-HEAD?

by professor 11 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

Is being an ex-dub one of your hobbies? You know, like remote controlled cars or HAM radio? I mean, come on, your brain is just filled with all of this useless knowledge... You've got to do something with it! If you think a Friday night well spent is chatting online with the only other people who know what 607 B.C.E. means, or why back-issues placed in laundromats are important, you might be a TOWER-HEAD.

It's okay. There are a million of us out there. And, our numbers are growing, thanks to the miracle of the Internet and elders who are willing to kick us out for smoking cigarrettes, having a Christmas tree, or even worse, thinking for ourselves! Still sulty about losing your family and friends? Don't worry! Most of us TOWER-HEADS are just as disillusioned and cynical. We need an audience and some goddamn commeradery. Hi. I'm the Professor. And, if you're like me and a million other sorry saps who have unwittingly devoted a good portion of their lives filling their heads with theocracy, anti-types, and false pophecies, you are now at home here on Simon's Board, where the true spirit of APOSTASY is alive and thriving. What's that? You think you're evil for being an apostate? Don't worry. Just call yourself a TOWER-HEAD instead and the Holy Spirit will forgive you. Or, I mean Jesus and Jehovah will forgive you for sinning against the Spirit (Which we all know is not a person at all, but is instead God's Active force.) In the end, you'll find, that the TOWER-HEADS are forgiven, cuz you're just online saying this stuff. Once you start picketing District Conventions and flyering JW cars with embarrassing quotes from the Watchtower, then you're an APOSTATE, and you are certainly screwed.

TOWER-HEADS UNITE! 2005!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Very funny post.

A hobby is a good way to discribe it. Much better than calling it an addiction.

• TD
    TD

I love it....

Some of us are Tower Heads by birth, others by choice and still others by marriage.

• Terry
    Terry

For myself, it is not unlike having suffered a pox and retaining the scars from the boils.

The scar is on my personality. Visiting sites such as JWD gives me a glimpse of the myriad shards of the broken

pieces of lives also similarly disfigured.

The mentality of belief is the mentality of denial.

None of us wished to suffer death; so we denied death by belief. The belief was everlasting life.

None of us wished to suffer hell; so we denied hell by belief. The belief was the Watchtower's unique doctrine.

And so it goes........

By coming together here by proxy we visit a means of poking a stick into the hornet's nest of the denial of others in its various stages of gestation.

We are at once Scientists looking through a microscope at the swarming belief/disbelief of various stages of disinfection. We seek a cure. We seek theory of disease. We seek a grasp of our very own selves.

When we challenge each other we are really challenging another variant strain of our own belief/disbelief syndrome.

This is a testing ground to experiment and learn.

The danger is to become stuck in mere commiseration and comraderie with no road out to a life of our own.

This is a place of sickness and, perhaps, recovery. The noblest possibility is that something we say, some point of view we express, some attitude we exhibit will prove to be the Eureka! moment for someone else to enable them to escape the moribund drama of victimhood.

We are victims, alas! We were once seduced and abandoned, or, perhaps we fled or were rejected for our awakening conscience and spirit of individuality aroused from dormancy by the inkling of personal responsibility for our own life.

Whatever the means of our escape we've found ourselves in a middle earth situation; a metaphorical suspended animation. We meet here on the platform; the launching pad of the New Life---whatever form it may take. Which vehicle we select to take us there; the choice is the most carefully chosen of our entire existence.

We do NOT wish to make another uninformed plunge into another darkness of belief/denial that is consequently but another variant of our old illness: surrender of self to "others".

The purpose of a TOWER is to gain advantageous view of what lies "out there" as potential harm or as greater potential for the life we'd prefer to live. The old "TOWER" purported to inform, but, as we now realize; we never got to climb it ourselves. We had to take the word of the old Watchmen who kept us in a constant anxiety of doom-thinking.

So, you might say the JWD is the tower we get to climb for ourselves. The view is our view alone. At last we can see for ourselves with our own eyes! But, the question "Are you a TOWER-HEAD?" remains to be answered.

Is our consciousness so malformed and dysfunctional by Witness Doctrine that we can no longer really see anything except what we have been taught to expect? That is our struggle. That is THE struggle.

The final analysis is the life we live hereafter. Each day is living proof of the choices made: does our "new" philosophy work or not? Are we on our way to somewhere...or...are we stuck in a perpetual twilight of unknowing funk?

Each of us answers that alone in the silent darkness of our own thoughts.

Terry

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    This is a place of sickness and, perhaps, recovery. The noblest possibility is that something we say, some point of view we express, some attitude we exhibit will prove to be the Eureka! moment for someone else to enable them to escape the moribund drama of victimhood.

Beautifully put! This is what keeps me here, the hope that I might help someone. I am busily making a life outside, I imagine I will soon be DF'd on the grounds of challenging doctrine for Scriptural support. But there are others who are still in the throes of "brain-fever."

Thank you for those thoughts, Terry.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• poppers
    poppers

Can I be an honorary TOWER-HEAD since I've never been a jw?

• poppers
    poppers

I really love you guys here at JWD - I have such admiration for those of you who have broken away from a rigid belief system and seek to find answers beyond what had been indoctrinated into you. Such courage. Kudos to all of you who look for real truth and not manfactured truth.

• New Horizon
    New Horizon

Hello Everyone:

I am new at this, I've never steped out!!!! I was born and raised in the religion, I've never known anything else, I'm starting to live life, but I feel as though I don't fit in.

All of my life I Knew nothing but JW's, KH, and street work. I was never good at interacting with the members of the KH, I always felt that something was wrong. but know that i'm an adult and i've decided to walk away I fell as thought I'm having a hard time intergrating in the "WORLD".

Have any of you felt this way?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

(raises hand {towerhead[we should like do some LSD and remake all of the kingdom melodies]})

wselcome to the board New horizons,

you should openb a new threadand tell us your story. :)

ts

• professor
    professor
    Can I be an honorary TOWER-HEAD since I've never been a jw?

Yes. Anyone whose life has been affected enough by the Watchtower Society for them to end up here on this board qualifies.

[we should like do some LSD and remake all of the kingdom melodies]

Sure, like "Life Without End At Last (Junior Vasquez Paradise Mix)". Welcome NH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit