DRUG INDUCED DECISIONS...not such a good thing.......

by Sparkplug 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well I heard from my brother that a childhood friend that I write to (as he lives in prison) got his sentence.

First in Texas there is a 3 strike rule. So seeing this is his third strike and then some I do not know how that lucky son of a JW got an offer for only 9 years. Well he thinks he can do better and took his chances at a jury.

So they gave him 30 years and no parole.

I would have to say that access to drugs is still easy for him in prison. He should have eased off them before court.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Anyone else with experiences like this. Just friends that really need some sobering up?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

A good friend of mine got a DUI last 4th of July. HE BLEW A .38!!!!!!!!!. When he went to court for his scentencing, he did not expect to be breathalyzed at the courthouse and blew another .27!!!!! The judge was baffled and disgusted and came down pretty hard on him. The saddest part of this whole affair is that he had taken shots of Midori (nasty melon liqueur) because that's all he had in the house before he went to court. He attended all of his AA meetings and required classes, even had a breathalyzer installed (court ordered) in his car. He still went out and got lousy-drunk at least 3-4 nights a week. Some people never learn.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Low Key- come on now I like Midori.

But it has taken me forever to see that some REALLY do not learn.

I wont see him till he is 65 or so and he wont live that long. He has Hep C and wont stop the drugs. He will be gone soon.

Hearing your story, I had to laugh. It is just so insane. I have to think some of the brains cells were missing to begin with.

He is a most excellent tatoo artist my friend. He would love your arm. Such a waste of all that talent.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I have a friend who still dabbles in smack. He thinks no one else can understand and that he has it under control.

Yeah right! Just lost his girlfriend and beautiful 4 yr old daughter. He has so many unpaid fines that he will be off to lockup again soon.

He simply can't see out of his little selfish world. What a waste.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I know more people who have DWIs or DUIs than who do not, it seems. So about 4 years ago I quit drinking and driving. Great reason, huh? Not cause it was dumb, or I could kill somebody, but because I didn't want to get busted. I guess I still had some JW in me.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Some people never learn.

It's not a matter of learning. When people really start looking at addictions as diseases instead of a selfishness then perhaps there will be a change in the system. An addiction is an addiction. When you have it, it doesn't leave just because you quit drinking.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Good point Billygoat.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Drug induced anything is never such a good thing but I do get your point Billygoat about it being an illness, same goes for other things too, my next door neighbour attempted suicide a few days ago, everyone is mad at her, saying shes selfish etc, but its just not her fault, people tend to forget that depression is an illness, much like addiction.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    my next door neighbour attempted suicide a few days ago, everyone is mad at her, saying shes selfish etc, but its just not her fault, people tend to forget that depression is an illness, much like addiction.

Ellie, I agree. My dad's little brother committed suicide when I was a teenager. He was in his 30's I think. I remember my family being so pissed about it. Especially my father and grandfather. (Maybe because they identified the body.) I remember just being sad. From my teenage years until just a few years ago, I struggled with some severe depression and I've attempted twice. I'm not so harsh on those that attempt or commit suicide. I know from my experience it was truly the only alternative I felt I was capable of handling. I see today that it was a permanent answer to a temporary problem and would not be a wise decision. But you're right. Depression and addictions are very similar. They are diseases...not character flaws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit