by stopthepain 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

freaked you out did i? lol

you thought I flipped my whip? bwuah ha ha ha ha

I love you guys!!! Everyone has to have a weird post now and then. lol

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hi stopthepain! Sounds to me like you are doing good. I don't know why so many replies are dissing you here ....I get where you are coming from. 'drinking the koolaid' isn't a direct hit on the victims at Jonestown, as terrible as that was. It is your way of saying that you did partake of the cult thinking, like so many others, you were sucked in by the sweet offerings they gave. Keep on making that distance from your past, although it will remain a part of you, it will grow more shadowed and less important as time goes on.

Peace,

AuntieJane

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    'drinking the koolaid' isn't a direct hit on the victims at Jonestown, as terrible as that was.

Hi AuntieJane,

Not sure about that...Jonestown kinda gave the phrase 'drinking the kool-aid' a little more meaning.

Of course any phrase can take on different meanings to different people. It is human nature to make light of difficult topics it's harder to try to take them on.

I don't know why so many replies are dissing you here

In no way would I "diss" another ex-jw's pain. But, the fact that we responded, can talk about it and can laugh about it just show different stages of progress away from our past.

it will grow more shadowed and less important as time goes on.

That's true in most cases. But, I know of people 20, 30 even more years out of the org and they are still very much active in talking about it.

I have cried while reading a post then read someone else's sarcastic response and laughed in my tears. It's all good.

-ms. whip

(hides her Kool-Aid moustache)

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip, I empathize. You'll mellow a lot by the time you hit your 40's. Meanwhile, enjoy showing off that youthful cleavage. Use LOTs of sunscreen though, that skin ages faster than your face does. I figured that out the hard way.

FHN,
    I'm sure you have lots of beautiful cleavage to share.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit