Q.F.R SEPT 15 WT

by JEMIMAH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Well, dayum! nuf said 'nus.

If we *had* the article, we *might* post it. But *I* don't, Jem doesn't seem to be around...........

so Rob Lowe is our topic. And a fine topic he is too.............

waiting

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

As one who does not subscribe to the WT rag, I agree Stephanus,

It would be nice when a post is made that someone who is posting could at least quote the main sections of the article or the entire article.

But in the same breath I know time is limited.

hawk (who looks forward to the article if and when it is ever posted)

• zev
    zev

here y'all go....
    Questions From Readers

What does it mean to worship Jehovah "with spirit"?

When witnessing to a woman of Samaria who had come to draw water at Jacob’s fountain near the city of Sychar, Jesus Christ said: "God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24) True worship must be rendered 'with truth' in that it must conform to what Jehovah God has revealed in the Bible about himself and his purposes. Our service to God must also be spirited, or zealous, motivated by a heart full of love and faith. (Titus 2:14) However, the context shows that Jesus' statement about 'worshiping God with spirit' pertains to far more than the mental disposition with which we serve Jehovah.
    The discussion that Jesus had with the woman at the well was not about the presence of fervor or the lack of it in worship. Even false worship can be rendered with zeal and devotion. Rather, after stating that the Father would be worshiped neither at a mountain in Samaria nor at the temple in Jerusalem-both physical locations-Jesus pointed to a new method of worship based on the true nature of God. (John 4:21) He said:
    "God is a spiritual Being." (John 4:24, Charles B. Williams) The true God is not material and cannot be seen or felt. His worship does not revolve
    Around a physical temple or a mountain. Hence, Jesus referred to an aspect of worship that goes beyond the things seen.
    In addition to being rendered with truth, acceptable worship would also have to be guided by the holy spirit-God's invisible active force. "The [holy] spirit searches into all things," wrote the apostle Paul, "even the deep things of God." He added: "We received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God." (1 Corinthians 2:8-12) To worship God acceptably, we must have his spirit and be guided by it. Moreover, it is essential that
    Our spirit, or mental disposition, be attuned to his through study and application of his Word.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Thanks, Zev - you're worth double what I'm paying you now!

As for the contradiction - could it be:

However, the context shows that Jesus' statement about 'worshiping God with spirit' pertains to far more than the mental disposition with which we serve Jehovah.

and then:

Moreover, it is essential that
    Our spirit, or mental disposition, be attuned to his through study and application of his Word.

w75 9/1 519 Insight on the News One young promiscuous woman who received a kidney from her older, conservative, well-behaved sister, at first seemed very upset. Then she began imitating her sister in much of her conduct.

• waiting
    waiting

Well, finally! Thank you zev.........

True worship must be rendered 'with truth' in that it must conform to what Jehovah God has revealed in the Bible about himself and his purposes - wt

Not necessarily. True worship must be rendered 'with truth' - period.

That ol' WTBTS is tricky, ain't it?

waiting

• zev
    zev

it was nothing. i got the scanned set just so...its a minimal effort.
    i think.

if y'all need anthing like this, just ask, if i have it, the pleasures mine.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

larc:

Quiz question: Why is one of Martin's sons name Sheen and the other one is named Esteves (sp?) The Wright Brothers, Phil Donahue, Jonathan Winters and Erma Bomback lived here too. Name that city.

Charlie uses his father's stage surname (Sheen), and Emilio uses his father's birth surname (Estevez). Martin is from Dayton, Ohio.

http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/celeb/192020

CPiolo

• AGuest
    AGuest

SIGH! (Yeah, I'm 'sighing and groaning' over this 'detestable' thing...)

it is essential that our spirit, or mental disposition, be attuned to his through study and application of his Word.

You cannot 'study' and 'apply'... God's Word. He is NOT a 'law written on stone tablets...' nor on paper with 'delible ink'...

John 1:1
    John 1:14
    Revelation 19:13

Nor does worshiping God with SPIRIT... have anything to do with our 'mental disposition'. For... the spirit... has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MIND. It is in the HEART that the spirit 'resides'... and thus the heart that the spirit 'controls'... which then convinces... the mind.

In TRUTH, no matter what your mind 'says'... it is your heart that you will follow. Yes, I know that sometime it seems as if we follow the mind... but in TRUTH... the mind... if strong enough... will also convince... the heart. And ultimately, it is the latter... that we 'follow'.

Thus, it is 'written' that it is the HEART... that is treacherous... and desperate... and NOT the mind. For it is not the MIND that my Father and Lord are 'examining'... but the HEART... the 'seat of motivation'. Dear ones, it is with our HEARTS... that we 'make our minds over'.

Now, please... everybody stand back... 'cuz I am seriously about to HURL! Can anyone spell "L-Y-I-N-G-R-H-E-T-O-R-I-C-A-L-P-R-O-P-A-G-A-N-D-A"?

Nevermind... I just did.

Peace.

SJ, a slave of Christ, who is made 'sick' by the poisoned 'water'... wormwood... of the 'wild beast' and the 'false prophet'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit