Have you picked a funeral song????

by Es 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

yeah i have thought bout it for a while now.I guess it depends on whether you want to make people cry or laugh hey

es

• John Doe
    John Doe

I really don't care what they do when I'm dead. As the funeral is for the living, I'll leave it up to them. :-)

• I quit!
    I quit!

Cemetry Gates by the Smiths would be good if your the sentimental type but if you want a party atmosphere Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo would be good.

But if you really want to bring out the tears this is the ultimate: Adagio in G Minor for Organ Solo Violin and Strings by Tomaso Albinoni. As for me I don't plan on worrying about it for a while.

• bennyk
    bennyk

"Ein deutsches Requiem" is beautiful and appropriate, but would be too long for many to sit through; how about just movement six: "Denn wir haben keine bleibende Statt". The lyrics are (largely) taken from the Luther-Bibel: Hebr.13:14, 1 Cor. 15:51-55, Rev. 4:11. Too bad I'll not be there to enjoy it....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was trying to think of a good song for my funeral when an unpleasant thought came to mind. I don't have kids, and any family I'm close to are all significantly older than me. To top it off I live almost like a hermit. I doubt anyone I know will even be at my funeral.

I should just blow all my money and let the state bury me. They can play the national anthem.

W

• I quit!
    I quit!

Who was this by, Bach? I'd like hear this piece.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Ein deutsches Requiem" is beautiful and appropriate, but would be too long for many to sit through; how about just movement six: "Denn wir haben keine bleibende Statt". The lyrics are (largely) taken from the Luther-Bibel:

I forgot to paste. So who was this by??

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I know this is a morbid subject....but yes. It is by Andrea Bocelli. The song?????? Well, when you come to my funeral you'll find out.

• Es
    Es

i will try and make it apostanator

es

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i can't decide.. either

"always look on the bright side of life" - monty python

or any song by/covered by HIM... like

"don't fear the reaper"
    "when love and death embrace"
    "join me"