BBC news--terrorist was raised a JW

by stan livedeath 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Both groups are comfortable with absolutist beliefs.

Both groups are okay with the destruction of everybody but themselves,

Both groups subjugate women.

Both groups see themselves as peaceful.

Inside these groups, the majority of the believers manage to cope with 'normal' life by simply ignoring the fringe elements through dismissing the evil as non-representative of the whole.

Loyalty to the governing leaders displaces individual responsibility to humanity.

Other than the above, I see no connection whatsoever.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Had I too converted to another religion as a youth, my parents would have kicked me out of the house. Of this, I am 100% certain. 
    Through undue influence, the Watchtower organization sowed the seeds that caused the young man’s parents to take such inhumane measures. When he was kicked out, he became a vulnerable target. It was easy for him to fall into another extremist group.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What the young man's parents did to him was bad. His parents and the WTS must bear some responsibility.

But this man is responsible for his own actions. He should be punished, and punished severely, pour encourager les autres.  

• steve2
    steve2
    Terry, truly you draw a blitheringly long bow. I suppose you could find other similarities: Both groups seem very nice to outsiders, breathe oxygen to survive,  eat at tables, sleep in beds, pray regularly throughout the day....wow, the similarities are stacking up in a very worrying way...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

TerryWalstrom - "Both groups are comfortable with absolutist beliefs.

Both groups are okay with the destruction of everybody but themselves,

Both groups subjugate women.

Both groups see themselves as peaceful..."

...insert "record-scratch" sound effect here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit