Vancouver, BC anybody?

by G Money 8 Replies latest jw friends

• G Money
    G Money

Well I'll be spending the weekend way up north in Vancouver and wondered who all from here is there. I'll be arriving Friday night and leaving Tuesday and would be happy to meet up with anybody. I'll be staying with friends.... umm I don't know where but they said about 20 minutes from the airport. Friday night we'll take it easy but are supposed to roll out big Saturday and who knows Sunday and Monday. I haven't been up there in ages but hope to be back soon as Whistler calls my name!

thanks

• chrissy
    chrissy

what up g money,

i spent a day in vancouver a few weeks ago...

i walked all through stanley park, saw the totem poles and great views of city.

found some cool vintage clothing stores off Robson, but i doubt that's your thing.

just wanted to say, hope you have a good time.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

The Aquarium in Stanley Park is pretty sweet. They have dolphins and beluga whales. There's a pretty cool suspended foot bridge over a really deep gorge that you can walk across. can't remember the name though. The Vancouver R.C. M. Police Museum is really cool. Some of the exhibits in there are insane. Go smoke some weed in one of the "coffee shops". (If you're into that sort of thing, of course). There's a tower downtown that you can take an express elevator up to and see a 360 view of the city. Victoria is worth checking out too.

• Lady Lee
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Vancouver is awesome, you'll love it. They have such a diverse culture there are tons of great places to eat, Stanley Park is wonderful, just too many places to mention!

I'm a couple hours south, unfortunately with the border its more like three or four depending on the day.

Hope you have a great time!

Sherry

• Mr.D.Frost
    Mr.D.Frost

whats up G money. I live in Burnaby myself. Always like meeting new people Whats your plans??

• G Money
    G Money

Arrive Friday night, will probably hang with my friends, I'm staying with a friend from Colombia, she speaks English well. Not sure what we are gonna do, I'm leaving it up to her to show me a good time but she may have to work a little bit. Although her roomie is nice, from Tunisia.

I think we have Saturday night planned or so I was told last night. Alot is up in the air. I'm just happy as I haven't been to canada in years.

• G Money
    G Money

I'm back, a bit more later but some of the things...

Got strip searched by Terrence and Philip or whatever the 2 customs guys names were. Not even a sorry when after 1.5 hours they found nothing as there was nothing to find. Welcome to Canada!

Went to N. Vanc and Grouse mountain, was a bit cold and foggy and watched the lumberjack show but could only see 10 feet infront of us.

Hit the latin clubs, Red Room (good) and Richard richards (ghetto)

Yesterday went to Victoria but it took 5 hours each way by bus, train and boat. Was interesting to spend 5 hours each way going somewhere we spend maybe an hour.

Was fun, met a great gal from... Mexico of all places, she's moving back down south soon.

More later

• G Money
    G Money

Oh crap! I was in Burnaby also near Metrotown. I didn't check email at all it just wasn't convenient. Oh well. I wish I did now D Frost. I was staying on Main & 55 but also with friends near Sky Train Metrotown stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit