New Members on Governing Body

by geevee 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• geevee
    geevee

Hi Guys, I have been awol, but have seen some pictures put together of the "complete" Governing body with 2 new members. These guys are aged 50 and 53. Is this correct and has this topic already been discussed? 50 and 53 sounds kinda young doesn't it? As I said, I have been awol and also haven't been to a meeting for nearly 5 months!!!! No on has tried to keep me up to date with the latest magazines or any thing....

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome back!

I think awhile back someone did say something about it but I can't remember! But thanks for telling us anyway!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes discussed on other threads and also announced by a Bethel Representative recently at a special event. Not seen it in a WT yet. The ages you state are correct. 20+ years they were born AFTER the general calling ended in 1935!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/gov_body.htm

also on this site but can not ind at the moment

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Good to 'see' you back, geevee!

Where's ya been hiding yourself?

• geevee
    geevee

Hi ozzie and all, I have just been working working working, now that i have an extra day and a half at least in my life, we have been trying to make the most of it. Haven't been reading much on JWD or anything else. Getting through a few family events and feeling slightly outcast...ish. They all seem to know we aren't attending anymore, but no one wants to address it!!!!!

• Neo
    Neo

Hi geeve, you can see the entire GB, their ages and all of that on the thread New Governing Body Pics. Take a peek!

Neo

• geevee
    geevee

Hi and thanks Neo for the lead on the thread, am devouring the info as i type!! Isn't this really a nail in the theology?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Isn't this really a nail in the theology?

Or at least a stetching of time, maybe time-warp, eh?

Look at that, the GB are now younger than me!!!

• geevee
    geevee

I am 45, and neealry old enough to be on the GB....And you Ozzie are a definite shoe in for the next Aussie representative!!!...should've started drinking the wine at the memorial and not finishing the bottle at home later!! As for the dry biscuits...they always needed some cheese or dip!! How does the average JW feel about these changes? Has anyone heard anything from anyone still attending?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit